Chelsea XL

It's been three days since the wedding, and Jordyn and I are currently working on building furniture for our house, well, Jordyn is building the furniture, I'm just sat here with my coffee, cheering her on.

"That's the coffee table done." she said, standing up.

"You did great, babe." I smile as I sip my coffee.

"I'm tired and it's getting late, you think we should get some food?"

"I think that is a good place to start. But it's gonna be take out again." I shrug.

"I'm fine with that. We have a sofa and a new coffee table so we can actually eat somewhere that is not the floor."

I agree with her and order a pizza for us. I sit on the sofa that arrived today and mindlessly scroll through my phone. Jordyn went off somewhere and I have no clue where. But I decide to give her her space.

About twenty minutes later, the pizza arrives and Jordyn is still nowhere to be found. I checked upstairs, our room, all three of the bathrooms and the kitchen.

I walk out of the back door and see Jordyn laying on the grass, looking up at the darkening sky as the sun sets. I wander over to her and lie down next to her.

"I've been looking for you." I tell her.

"Sorry. I'm just tired and feeling a little stressed, I needed a break and I didn't want to take it out on you." she explains.

"Well, thank you for taking the time to take care of yourself and me."

A thoughtful silence passed us by and I her Jordyn take a breath that leaves me in anticipation of her next words.

"How soon do you want kids?"

"Way to drop a bombshell, babe." I chuckle and she mumbles a 'sorry'. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I guess. I mean, if they're your kids then I'll be ready, always."

"So, if I asked you if you wanted to have kids after we finish the house, what would you think?"

"Find me a way to get pregnant and I'll do it." I shrug. She nods and goes back into her silence.

"Would you like to have a baby after we finish moving in?" she turns onto her side and leans her head on her hand, facing me.

"I would love to have a baby with you, babe." I smile.

Jordyn smiles and smooths my hair with her fingers. "But, how are we going to have a baby that is both of ours. I'd like the kid to be like both of their parents, you know?" I reason.

"I'll talk to Mom and Mama. I mean, they have ten kids who they are both biologically related to. I'm sure they'd know." she says. I nod and stare deeply into her eyes.

"The pizza is going cold." I remind her and myself.

"I like cold pizza." she smirks.

"You're a weirdo."

"Whatever. How's that book coming along? I haven't checked in a while."

"Their story is nearly at an end. I might type it up, makes some edits and see if I can get it published. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but whatever."

"I'm gonna be your biggest fan. I'll have every book signed by the Chelsea Rogerstone-Montgumery." she says.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I think we should go inside and have our pizza. Chelsea's hungry." I tell Jordyn.

"Let's go."

We both get up from the grass and head inside for our pizza. I decided to heat it up because I can't stand cold pizza, I don't know why Jordyn says it's good, it's not.

We both sit on our couch and watch the empty space on the wall where the TV is supposed to be.

"We should get that TV up soon." I think aloud and Jordyn hums in agreement. Looking down to the newly purchased flatscreen, and all the other boxes, I realise that this might take a while if it's just Jordyn doing everything. I could try and ensemble some things but I'm not a handy lesbian like my wife.

What needs doing?

Well, there's the TV but my dainty arms could never. We've got picture frames arriving soon, I could try and but those up. There's the dining room table and the chairs came already made.

I need to do some shopping, we need food.

I could set up my drumkit in the basement.

We have decided that the basement would be a big music room, so some LED strips need to be put up and all of the framed posters that Jordyn pulled out of thin air. Also the wall mounts and keyboard needs to be set up. We somehow got a nice piano down there as well. I think Jordyn has a desk she wanted down there to be put up.

So I could help out a bit.

After we finish our pizza, we decided to shower and head to bed. Our new room is big and has a bathroom and a balcony that overlooks the backyard so we could watch our future kids play.

I cuddle into Jordyn and let sleep take me away, my body relaxing and my breaths slowing down.

"Mom! Did you like the show?" my excited child asks me as she hops off the stage.

"Yeah, I did! You were so great. I'm so proud of you." I tell her.

"I wish Mama could've seen it." she pouts.

"I know kiddo, me too. But I got it on video and we could show Mama when she gets back."

"Okay."

She doesn't like it when Jordyn misses important stuff like this, but she has to work long hours. I know Jordyn doesn't like missing it either, and she really tried to get some time off of work so she could see her play, but some things can't be helped.

Suddenly, my daughter's eyes light up and she shouts, "Mama!" She makes a run for it and I watch the direction she goes for and see my wife standing there.

"Hey! I saw you in the play. You were amazing!" Jordyn says hugging our kid while I walk over.

"Did you? I didn't see you."

"I know. I did wave but I came here just before it started so I had to sit at the back. Selfish people at the front." she tuts.

"Wait, so you saw the whole thing?!"

"Yeah! But I might be in trouble later. It's worth it, because you are amazing."

"Thank you, Mama."

"Anything for you, -"