Chelsea XXXIX

After we signed the papers, myself and Jordyn got in the car I came in and headed straight for the hotel where the reception is.

Let's just say, there wasn't a lot of talking going on in the car.

We arrive and see that so many others had gotten here first. Somehow. We were the first to leave.

I decided that I wasn't going to invite my dad to the wedding, but I sent him one for the reception. I had a reply so he'll be here.

I see a lot of Jordyn's side, as they're quite large in numbers. We decided that since we don't have that many friends, we would be able to get most of her family in. Basically, she picked her favourite Aunts and Uncle and their kids.

So we have Esther and Marley, Adrianna, Anaheim and Mary, not my Auntie, Audrey and Khrystyna and Jordyn's Uncle Amos. All are very lovely people. Especially Esther and Marley's kids. They're so funny.

Some of my cousins and aunties and uncles are here as well.

"Chelsea!" I hear my dad call.

"Hey, dad."

Even though what he did was awful, I'm still gonna be nice for the sake of my wedding day.

"Where's the lucky guy?" he smiles. Oh god. How does he not know that I'm gay?

I see my wife and call her over. "This is my wife, Jordyn. Babe, this is my dad."

"Nice to meet you, Mr Davies." Jordyn holds out her hand which my dad shakes, hesitantly.

"Yeah. You too." he says, cautiously. "So, did you take her last name or did you double barrel?" my dad asks Jordyn, like me taking her already double barrelled last name wasn't an option.

"My last name is now Rogerstone-Montgumery." I tell him. Leaving out the fact that I didn't want his last name anymore. Mom divorced him and changed her last name to her maiden name and so did Amber and Lucy.

"Oh." is all he says. "Excuse me."

He leaves us where we stand and now I feel slightly frustrated. Not even a 'congratulations' or anything. Was he that prideful that he thought Jordyn would marry into the family?

"It's nothing to get worked up about. It's a lot to take in. Hell, I'm still processing even though I'm the lucky bugger who got married." Jordyn tells me, rubbing my arm.

"I just wish he'd be a little bit happy. You know?" I pout.

"I know. Let's just enjoy the rest of the day. Food will be ready soon, and we'll get to sit next to each other." she says as she hugs me from behind. I nod and lean into her touch. I watch everyone around us socialise. I see my cousins with Jordyn's sisters. My mom and Jordyn's grandparents, who also look too young to have grandchildren and great grandchildren. Amber, Lucy and Camilla with Jordyn's Aunties. It's so heart warming to see all of their smiles and hear their laughter.

Lunch is announced and we all find our tables. We are served but before we eat Jordyn and I stand up to make a toast. I hug into her side. As we do so, the chatter dies down.

"Thank you all for coming. It's a special day for myself and Chelsea, and spending it with all of you is really cool. I'd like to make a toast to the chefs and waiters, who worked very hard on serving us, especially in the bar. Billie, I'm looking at you." everyone laughs, as we toast the waiters and chefs,"I'd also like to toast my twin sister and her girlfriend, they were our wedding planners and helped us put together this beautiful day." we toast Jaydyn and Fender. "I'd like to personally thank Chelsea's parents, for birthing a living, breathing goddess, absolute masterpiece of a woman." we all toast my parents. "And lastly, I'd like to toast my wife. She's beautiful, she's smart, brave, awesome and kind, loving, sweet and not to mention, good in bed. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her. A toast!"

After we all toasted, we dug into our lunch. Absolutely devoured it. It was so tasty and so was the desert.

Once we were finished, Jordyn put her hand on my thigh and squeezed gently, "You okay?"

"Yeah, full stomach." I say as I rub my stomach.

"Aw. Do you want me to rub your back?" she asked, genuinely. I nod and smile.

As she does so, I feel loved, in some weird way. I have her attention. She's mine.

"You feel better, now?"

I nod and hug her, "I love you."

"I love you, too. Ooh look, the cake! Let's go!" she said excitedly.

The wedding cake had been brought out and myself and Jordyn had everyone gather around it.

Pictures were taken as we cut the first slice. My smile has not left my face today.

I just love everything about this. I love everything about Jordyn, who I get to call my wife. It's crazy.

"Let's go dance!" Jordyn announces as she let's her braides down and puts her hair in her signature ponytail.

Pretty much all of her side of the family rush to the dance floor immediately. I chuckle as I follow, I'm not too keen on dancing, mainly because I can't, so I think I'll just watch.

I grab a chair and sit at one of the tables as the dining area has a view of the dance floor. I watch as Jordyn starts to let loose and dance, but she stops and looks around in confusion. Her eyes land on my and she wears a worried expression. She hurries over to me and kneels in front of me.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Yeah, I just- I- this is so embarrassing."

"You can tell me anything."

"I can't dance."

I was expecting a laugh, but I never got one.

"Nobody cares. I mean, have you seen Auntie Anaheim dance?" she says as she points to her aunt who is dancing horribly while Kate laughs at her.

"Come and dance with me?" she holds out her hand and I take it. She leads me onto the dance floor and everyone cheers and claps.

Jordyn starts moving again and it doesn't take me long to follow. Letting my horrible moves shine like the sun.

I feel so careless and in love. Not anything could bring me down.

"It's now time for the first dance! If we could please have only the brides, on the dance floor!" the DJ announces.

I put my arms around Jordyn's neck as The Only Exception by Paramore started. We just lightly swayed with the occasional spin and kiss. She whispers sweet things to me as we do so and she even sung along to the chorus.

I'm her only exception, and she's mine.