Twenty-one

Tate McRae - chaotic

~

IT'S BEEN TEN DAYS SINCE Mr. Ash made me kneel and beg him for a paper that he tore afterwards. Ten days of me planning the perfect revenge and coming up with...

"What are you using that for, Ina?" Jerry inquires. I don't think I'll ever get used to how satisfied I become when he calls me 'Ina.'

"Huh?" I look up from the bottle I'm admiring wickedly.

"You asked me to get you a bottle of itching powder." A prolonged hiss from the sink tap before he turns it off. "You didn't tell me what you were using it for." His small biceps flex as he moves expertly, wiping the dishes we used to eat not too long ago.

We're currently in the kitchen. I'm on one of the chairs surrounding the kitchen island, leaning my elbows on the counter and examining the bottle of prank itching powder. Since I couldn't leave the house due to a certain someone, I had Jerry get it for me.

The latter is presently doing the dishes.

He offered to when he saw how soaked my clothes were after I was done with cleaning the house. No, I wasn't splashed water by Mr. Asshole. Yes, it was sweat. Now, I'm all dried up but legs are still shaky and my joints are aching from squatting and bending over to wash so many bathrooms.

"I want to prank someone," is my simple, half-hearted reply.

I hope he doesn't push this matter further because no matter what he says, I'm going to dump this in Mr. Asshole's lotion. That's the revenge plan I settled for after waking up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I threw up countless times like a pregnant bitch. I hate Cognac, but I think I hate the fact that a memory of my beastly boss made me not go all the way with Jason even more.

Maybe I chose such a dumb tactic because I'm still drunk as hell or maybe it's because I'm generally inept to the concept of revenge.

Thankfully, Jerry drops it and doesn't speak more on the itching powder matter. He just shakes his head and continues with his task.

I'm about a thousand percent sure that he knows who I want to prank though. I mean, common, he and our boss are the only people I have day-to-day contact with. I'm most certainly not pranking the guy who got me my prank equipment and is already aware of my plans, so that leaves one other person.

It's mid-May and if not for the air conditioner in this kitchen, I'd be toast. It's rained just thrice in these ten days. Best three times of my life. I wish Mr. Ash left me under the rain when the weather was this hot. I might not have gotten the flu then.

The flu I got wasn't that serious. Thank God it wasn't, because I doubt Mr. Ash would have cut me some slack even if I had pneumonia or cancer. I took the NyQuil that lovely infirmary nurse was so gracious to give me for a week, and I was up-and-doing and healthy as a vegetable.