Chapter 17

JJ said" He deserved it, right?"
Kie said" Are you joking? Of course he deserved it."
Pope said" Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that."
JJ said" Cross that one off the bucket list."
Kie said" JJ!"
" Sucks for Sarah." She walked to John B, and sat next to him,
" Are you okay?"
John B said" It's not me I'm worried about."

Allison said" You were there?" I nodded my head," Did he actually..." I nodded again, she continued playing with my hair, she looked at me." That must have been horrifying to witness."
I said" I-I don't know... actually. Like-like I'm kinda glad he's dead, but-but doesn't that sound-"
" He killed your dad, right?" I nodded my head," I wouldn't want someone who killed my dad alive either, Danny, it's normal."
" The thing is, I'm pretty sure Sarah's mad at John B... and I don't know why she would be. She'll have to come around, right?"
" Maybe she won't. Would that be so bad?"
" What?"
" If she's mad at John B for being glad that the man who murdered his father is dead, is she really the one he needs right now?"
" I-I-I don't know, but he loves her, I know that."
" Then he'll just have to wait." She kissed me, I kissed back," What is this relationship of ours anyway?"
" I-I don't know... JJ says I can be very oblivious, so, you're gonna have to take the lead on this one." She laughed and thumped my nose," Ow..."
" Shut up, dork."
" Yeah, yeah. But it's true. I can't really read emotions well, so I'm pretty sure I'm oblivious as hell."
" Oh, yeah, you totally are. Considering I've been eyeing you since last year."
" What?!" I laughed, she did too,
" Oh, yeah! You're a clueless puppy, Danny."
" I am... hurt by that statement." She smiled and nodded,
" Continue, continue."
" And... And... you know what? Just for that statement, I want my bracelet back."
" No way."
" Yes way."
" Nope, you're not getting it back. It's mine now." I huffed,
" Fine, but I'll never give you another for free."
" Yeah, you will."
" Nope."
" I like... that one." She pointed to the one I made that had hearts on it, I huffed, then rolled my eyes as I took it off and tied it around her wrist. She smiled," Told ya so."
" Shut up." She laughed," Don't laugh at me, rude."
" Yeah, sure I am." My phone rang, I grabbed it and it died, I huffed,
" Can I borrow your phone? That was John B." She handed me her phone, I went to John B's number, I laughed as I saw it was labelled Cutie's dumb brother, I smirked," I'm cute?"
" Shut up." I smiled and facetime'd him,
He said" Yeah, Allis- Hey, Danny... on Allison's lap."
I said" My name's Cutie in her phone."
" She has a horrible taste in guys, obviously."
" What did you want?"
" Come home, since you never have your phone charged, you're grounded or whatever."
" Oh, ha, ha. Funny. I forgot again."
" Have fun. Uh, be responsible? Bye." He hung up, I smiled, Allison laughed and thumped my forehead.
" Yep... that's my brother. Hold on, he's not dumb!"
Allison said" Yeah, he is."
" Okay, yeah, he is." She smiled and kissed me, I kissed back then pulled away, smiling a little." You're cute too, you know."
" I know."
" Oh, and very humble too." She hummed, nodding her head, I rolled my eyes and smirked.
" I think I'm gonna call you dumb cutie from now on."
" I'm okay with that. I gotta go, he'll worry. He does that with me."
" See you later."
" Mmhm..." I kissed her," See you..." I kissed her again," Later." She smiled and pushed my head away, I laughed and rolled off her bed. Catching myself and walking to her window,
" You can use the front or back door, you know."
" Ehh, this is more fun." She laughed as I opened it and climbed out, I smiled at her as I closed it and turned around, heading home.

JJ, Kie and I walked out onto the dock, where Pope and John B were.
JJ said" Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato two!" He threw a beer and it exploded on the boat after my brother or Pope failed to catch it.
Kie said" Impressive catch."
Pope said" Oh! Oh! He shoots!" John B and Pope stood up,
John B said" I need another one."
JJ said" One, two." He three one and John B caught it,
Kie said" Hey!"
Pope said" I'll take that."
JJ said" Alright." He threw him one, I smiled," What are you guys doing down here? Having a good cry?"
" Cry?"
John B said" Cry? What are you talking- We don't cry."
Kie said" You know it's not your fault, right?"
" You think she'll come around?"
" Yeah, dude. She's one of us."
" Hmm. Sarah's a pogue. She'll come around. Yep. You know, she'll come back to me. Right. You know, I was just thinking about it. I'm gonna do a backflip."
" You're lying."
" I won't do it?"
JJ said" You won't."
I said" Prove 'em wrong, bro!"
Kie said" You got any money?"
John B said" Hold my beer that you already dropped."
Pope said" I wanna see you do it!" He did a backflip off the boat, we all shouted,
JJ said" Yeah! That's my boy!" I climbed over the railing and sat on it,
Kie said" Yeah!"
Pope said" Woogity-woogity, baby!"
" John B!" I gulped down the rest of my beer,
I said" On a totally different note, and to not take away from John B... Allison has me labeled as Cutie in her phone."
JJ said" Oooh!"
Kie said" So cute, it's disgusting."
Pope said" Definitely gross."
John B said" She has bad taste, definitely."
I said" Okay, nice, thanks. Not that I need confidence or whatever."
" I'm sorry! I'm sorry! What does she have me as." I smirked, staying silent," Danny, Danny-boy! JJ!" JJ tried to push me off, I screamed, laughing,
" No! No! It's Cutie's dumb brother! It's cutie's dumb brother!"
" I'm hurt!"
" Sorry, I tried to defend you."
Kie said" You totally called him dumb, didn't you?" I shrugged, John B swam over and leaned out of the water, leveraging off the boat, he grabbed my ankle and pulled me in. I surfaced, laughing, I shook my head.
———
I woke up to someone slapping my leg, I groaned, kicking at them,
Pope said" Get up! Danny! We gotta go to school!" I groaned, and opened my eyes, wincing at the sunlight.
I said" Agh, no!"
" Get up!" He yanked me up, I held onto his arms, wobbling as I landed on my feet, I groaned.
" I'm up! I'm up!" I saw him hitting John B with a beer tower, I laughed,
" Hey. We gotta go to school, man. We have a geometry test in 30 minutes."
" John B, get up, man." I rubbed my face,
" Get up! JJ! Is he alive?"
John B mumbled" I don't know."
" JJ. Get your shoes. Hey, Kie. We're going this way." I was yanked back, I groaned, wobbling, John B immediately had my arm to balance me out.
Kie said" Um... I will meet up with you guys later." 
JJ said" I'm starving. I need some pizza."
Pope said" No, you missed breakfast." He got a slice, though, I smiled and walked out the door.
" Okay. I got it. I got it!"
" Danny, shoes!" I groaned and walked back in, I ran to my room and grabbed some shoes. I ran back out, running to the van, rubbing at my eyes.