Christmas Eve - MJ

Type: total fluffffff

Word count: 2894

...

Max's POV:

Sleigh Ride by The Ronettes is playing on our record player, the whole house smells like freshly baked cookies and lots of candles are lit when I hear the doorbell.

"I'll get it!" I say, rushing over to the door, seeing the white view out the window. I open the door to find a very special someone standing there.

"Who do we have here?" I ask, already chuckling at my own joke.

She smiles up at me, her hair falling perfectly over her shoulders. I don't know if it's whether she's carrying about ten bags, making me not be able to actually see her face, or if it's the fact that I know she's grinning behind all these packages.

"I brought mistletoe!" I hear a faint voice behind all the presents. I chuckle, grabbing at least half of the bags into my own arms.

When I finally see her face, I almost drop the bags. Her hair is done, her makeup simple and natural. Just like she likes it. And under her coat I'm sure I see the matching christmas sweater I bought her last year. Which, I'm also wearing.

"It's good to see you," I say.

She blushes and replies: "Come on. I'm getting cold out here!"

She laughs as she follows me into the house and into the living room.

"Y/n!!!"

We put the bags down and turn around to see Sam rushing towards Y/n.

"Sam!!!" Y/n answers back with the same energy.

They hug each other and I smile, grabbing the bags with food that Y/n brought and taking them to the kitchen to my mom.

"Hey," she says while cutting some carrots, "is Y/n here?"

"Yeah, she brought a lot of stuff, too." I say.

Mom chuckles and looks into the bags: "Is that a red wine?"

I grab it and nod: "Yep, Y/n is cheating. We said no alcohol to make people happy."

"Oh, Max. A little wine won't hurt," mom chuckles and winks at me.

I smile and head back to the living room where Y/n is now, after hanging up her coat, placing the presents under the tree. Sam went back up to her room to go get some of the last decorations.

We're hosting a big party tonight, so we have to make sure everything is perfect.

Your POV:

Just as I'm putting down a couple of the presents I got for the three Jenkins, I hear footsteps behind me. I get up and see Max wearing his christmas sweater, hands in his pockets, smiling at me.

I adjust my own matching sweater, looking up at him. One of my hands is behind my back, secretly holding a small mistletoe twig.

My grin grows as Max frowns, stepping closer to me and leaning down to my face.

"What are you hiding, Y/l/n?" his voice deepens, making me shiver. But as quick as possible, I lift my hand, holding the mistletoe over our heads.

Max's eyes dart upwards, seeing the mistletoe. He smiles, placing his hands on my cheeks and sweetly pulling me in for a kiss. I immediately blush, holding onto his shoulders.

I smile into the kiss, Max pulling back and pressing a kiss against my forehead afterwards.

"Let's hang this somewhere," I say, revealing duct tape in my other hand.