17- Screwed.

"Blayze! Blayze get up!"

The panic in Grayson's voice had me on my feet in seconds. "What the fuck is going on?" I asked groggily.

"Grayson! Blayze!" More voices calling my name.

"They're looking for us," Grayson said. "We might have overslept. Here." It's only when he handed me my bra, that I realised it wasn't on.

"What the fuck happened last night?" I asked, frantically putting it back on. I didn't even have time to be coy, I was trying so hard to remember; but from the hammering headache I was having I knew the wine had something to do with my amnesia.

"You don't remember?"

"Must not have been very memorable," I replied.

"Believe me, it was," he said with a smile. "Turns out you're good at a lot more than just kissing."

"Too bad I don't recall."

"I'm sure you will with time. To make it clear though you did consent. I didn't take advantage of you or anything."

"Grayson! Blayze!" The voices were getting closer. Trent's was the loudest. In his head he was probably imagining all the ways Valak would kill him if he lost her best agent.

"I know," I replied. I'd consented in my head long before he'd even kissed me. "Let's get out of here before they send an actual search party." He agreed and we swam out of the cave.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Coach's track shoes were the first thing I saw as soon as I appeared at the edge on the other side.

"Blayze, where the hell were you?" I could sense the relief in Trent's mother-like voice. "We've been looking for the two of you for close to an hour!"

"Maybe they wanted a little privacy," jeered Nito as pulled out his tongue and made thrusting motions. Before he could finish I quickly picked up a rock and hit him straight in the gut forcing him to bend over in pain. "Okay. I deserved it," he groaned painfully.

"Next time, do it in the forest like normal teenagers would you? My blood pressure is sky-rocketing because of you two!"

"We're sorry sir, we came out for a swim and forgot the time-"

"And the date," Trent added. "It's Sunday, we're meant to be back on the road by now."

"Alright man, we get it,"Grayson said rather sternly. "Are we going to keep wasting time talking about this or can we get moving?"

"He's right," coach said. "Let's get going."

In the bus I sat next to Trent, which was the worst mistake of my entire life, and I'd once clicked the wrong button on an android missile and blown up a small island north of Hawaii. Though in my defence it had no business being next to the tv remote in Valak's house.

"Okay, I get that he might be our target..."

"He is." I was sure of it.

"Yeah, yeah... but tell me the good parts,"

"Those are the good parts,"

He groaned and stomped his foot. "No! Enough about the stupid mission. Did you guys..." He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked smugly.

"Ask me that again and I will punch you." I told him. And he knew I wasn't bluffing but still he smiled sheepishly and rung me by the shoulders in excitement till I laughed and told him to shut up. "How was it?"

"He's a good kisser, I guess." I wouldn't exactly know.

"And?"

"That's it, that's all I remember." I lied. My memory had started coming back the more I thought of last night and I'd been right, his lips felt just as good on other parts of my body as they had on mine.

"That's it?" Trent looked so disappointed.

"Can we focus on the fact that this entire mission just got blown out of control? Grayson isn't even our only target anymore. There's a whole company behind whatever is going on."

"You're right.We need to get to Valak as soon as we touch down,"Trent said. "Until then though, I'm going to spend some time with my girl,"

"You know, giving your hand a gender doesn't justify your loneliness." I told him.

"Oh, she's human."

"That's new." I scoffed. "What girl was dumb enough to date you?"

"Adanna." He announced proudly and I sat up with a scowl.

"Adanna is my friend, you can't date my friends!"

"That only applies to siblings and we aren't siblings," he whispered fiercely.

"Technically speaking, we are and you're breaking the rules."

"Screw the rules, she's hot and thinks I own a Subaru. Now, I'm going to go enjoy my little fantasy before you ruin it," he concluded smugly and I rolled my eyes in annoyance as he walked away. He just had to ruin the one relationship with a girl I actually liked.

Before long I was to subconsciously thinking about last night again. It'd been a whole other version of myself I'd never seen before. I could still feel his mouth, his tongue, his breath, his hands his... everything. He was allover me. I could still hear his voice telling me how sexy I was and it sent shivers down my spine. I'd never felt so in control, yet so powerless at the same time. And all the while, as I thought of that beautiful moment we'd shared, at the back of my mind a restless voice couldn't stop nagging me.

I'd slept with my target. And if this ever got out, I was totally screwed.

This entire situation just turned MESSY. What do you think is the next step?

Do you think Grayson is to be trusted?

Drop a comment, a vote and share if you like the story so far!