Murderous Kings

"Never meet your heroes"

A phrase we often hear about how disappointing it is to know that the people we admire are not really the people who we thought they would be.
A verbal warning which really states that oblivion and ignorance will save you from the bitter and painful slap of reality. Well, for the most part I agree. It would be harder to enjoy a singer's music knowing that they did something the society deems problematic.  It would make you feel self-conscious and awful that you actually like them. This complicates everything and based on my experience, we despise everything complicated.  That is why we choose to be ignorant to save ourselves from the discomfort and guilt of liking someone with questionable behavior.

This story I'm about to tell you is not about a specific person but a position that is known for being righteous and inherently good. People who held this position are wise, kind and compassionate.  They hold a very powerful role and perform them honorably. Naturally that is someone I will admire. I mean what's not to love? They help people, they give wise counsel and they are very empathetic. People you could actually count on if you're ever in an awful situation. Well if you don't know what I'm going to say next, you haven't been paying attention. It turns out, these "honorable" people are rotten to the core. Entering their inner circle made me realize that these are people driven only by their selfish ambitions.  They do all these acts to put themselves to a higher position.  They will gladly trample on the teachings they preach if that means they get the recognition they desire. Just like how  usurpers will do anything to sit themselves as kings even if that means betraying the principles they stand for and the people who admired them. They all feel untouchable because they can easily justify their actions by manipulating the narrative and somehow they get away with it. Knowing the reality of their nature made me remember the phrase from above. I think I would be better off  not knowing at all but I was glad to know how disgusting they really are. At least now, I can warn people and I don't have to admire anyone pretentious. But that makes me the villain who accuses the "heroes" of doing such heinous crimes. People will hate me for it, I will hate myself for being put in this position but at least I know who they are now and I surely made a mistake for admiring these murderous kings.