Chapter 39 ~ Fire

It's been few days since we fought and it was the day that the emperor's going to announce him as crown prince officially

He haven't talked to me yet which was my biggest concern. I was just mad that I lost my watch. He have no idea how important that watch is to me nor I can tell him about it.

I closed my eyes and a lone tear left my eyes realizing that he doesn't want me to talk to him.

Did he start hating me?

Keeping those thoughts aside, I entered the restroom and changed into a proper dress to wear for the ceremony.

Then, I left outside where the whole palace was in a bustle. The whole palace was decorated.

Even though, the ceremony is going to be taking place in the main palace but I have no idea why are they decorating the palace. I am sure that it should've been Arjun who ordered them to do so.

"Princess, the carriage is waiting for you.", A soldier informed me.

"Is your highness crazy?", I asked and he frowned in confusion.

"Why?"

"Why did he order to decorate the palace even though he know the ceremony is going to take place in the main palace."

"Uhh, yeah.. our highness won't do anything without purpose. He definitely have some reasons..", he said and took his leave immediately.

"Is he in his senses?", I muttered walking outside where a horse carriage was waiting for me.

Only if he wasn't mad at me, he would've took me there in his own horse. But, why the heck did he do that!?

I hate him for this right now. I got in the carriage reluctantly and then the carriage started moving.

Being frustrated, I looked out of the window where I looked at the whole village surrounded with flowers and decorations. I was stunned to see the view. People were really happy.

I have no idea what they saw in him but it was obvious that they're trusting that he will be a good emperor. I can respect him for that single reason.

The people were celebrating as if their own some became king. It was really surprising for me to see such innocent people. Now, I know what we lack in 20th century.