Chapter 36 ~ Spies?

The next day, everything was peaceful

The next day, everything was peaceful. The only fact that was scaring me was, Ezhil was in the basement. He could come out of the basement and kill me anytime.

I felt someone hugging me from behind and I immediately recognised Arjun. I chuckled. Everything have become peaceful and I wish it lasts longer.

"Umm, what do you want?", I asked casually and he kissed my neck.

"Everyone's watching. Come on, leave me.", I said trying to get out of his hold but he was too strong to not let me move.

"Does it look like I care if anyone watches us?", He asked and I sighed.

"Thea, what about we have a cute baby? It will be good right?", He whispered across my ear.

"I'm not ready for that."

"Why aren't you? We're married and in what way should we get more ready?"

"You don't understand. I'm not mentally and physically ready for a baby. I'm scared."

"It's not like you're the only one who's going to go through the pain of pregnancy. Every woman out there are bearing it, nah.", He said.

I'm not scared of being pregnant but I'm scared of delivery. Because, there are no medicine or allopathic doctor here.

There are zero medical facilities here. If my pregnancy becomes complicated, I'm definitely dead.

"What if I die? There's many women dying out there too. Am I right?", I asked and he kissed my neck again.

"Like I'm going to let you die..", he said in disbelief.

"Well, maybe, when I'm ready, I will surely let you know.", I said.

"Well. Take your time. But, do tell me fast. I want a baby once I become the king.", He said and I chuckled humming.

I don't think I will be able to agree it because being a mother is a great responsibility. Also, thinking about the fact that I don't belong to this timeline makes me more scared to have any responsibility which is great.

I turned back to leave and my steps halted hearing his voice behind me.

"My father's going to announce me as crown prince next month. Care if you invite your family... Including your brother and half-sister.."

I know he was having ego on inviting my brother. As for Aarthi, he thinks I will be jealous if he invites her in person. Of course, I will.

I turned back to see him leaning on a wall while looking at me for any response.

"Yeah, I will make sure to invite them.. but, will you be with me when inviting everyone including my brother?"

"With the exception of your brother.."