Part 15

Yet another big time skip, sorry I'm trying to use these skips to set up storylines between Astrid and the other character's.

Also, no Astrid did not get her name from how to train your dragon. I looked up magic related names and Astrid means "Divinely beautiful"

*20 years later*

Astrid continued her normal routine for quite a long time. She ran a new sort of assassination business that revolved around one day of the year- Cleansing day.

Almost every day she'd get at least one demon who'd have a problem with another demon, and they'd pay her to kill that demon on cleansing day.

She was one of the few demons on the safe list that the angels kept around, considering she did her job rather effectively and helped them out, making their job easier.

One morning she was waiting outside of a pornography studio waiting for an assassination client when a loud cacophony of  voices neared the front door.

She ducked in to an alleyway to avoid the crowd and watched as a sudden flash of cameras came through, all trained on one of Alastor's most detested fellow overlords, Valentino, and a demon that Astrid knew.

Well, she didn't know him personally, but he was well known for being Valentino's boy toy.

In all the posters she'd seen him in he had a huge smile- though not as big as Alastor's- and had some over the top outfit on.

*the closest I will ever get to writing smut is implied smut so there you go*

And yet today, Angel Dust didn't match any of those descriptions. He had a black eye, purple marks covered his neck, his smile was obviously fake, more so than they were in the posters where at least they were more camera ready, and he was wearing a pink sweater that covered his many arms and some black leggings.

"Are you Astrid?" A sudden voice came up from behind her. She turned to see a demon with one big eye, her blonde hair done up in a high pony tail that ended in pink tips, and a tattered crop top.

*I'm pretending Cherri was in hell in the 50's*

"Yes." Astrid nodded curtly.

"Were you checking out my pal?" The demon asked suspiciously, glancing at the crowd that followed Valentino and Angel Dust down the street.

"No, I was wondering what all the commotion was about, my business is by no means illegal but I think I can go without the questioning glances." Astrid rolled her eyes.

"Hm, well, I suppose you've already seen my target?" The demon asked, putting her hand on her hips.

"You want me to kill the porn star? I mean I usually charge based on status and considering he's pretty well known-" Astrid began before the demon stopped her.

"No no no, I need you to kill my boss. Angie is my best friend and our boss is awful."

Astrid shook her head, "sorry, there are a select few demons I won't kill. I won't kill overlords, Ars Goetia, any of the seven deadly sins, or Lucifer and his family."

"Then what the hell am I supposed to do?" The demon huffed irritably.

"Have you tried... getting Angel Dust out?" Astrid asked.

"Yes! But I can't get near Angie because Valentino's actors aren't allowed to get near each other outside of set."

"The actors aren't?" Astrid questioned, looking up at the studio.

"Yeah, he doesn't want us giving each other stds or some shit like that." The demon went on.

"So maybe I can't kill Valentino.... But what if I got to know Angel by other means and helped him out that way?" Astrid asked, making the demon cringe.

"A reoccurring customer? No way, I'm not letting you pay for Angie. For one he's gay so you'll just make him uncomfortable-"

"No! No wait that didn't sound right. I meant what if I helped him after clients, he looked pretty beaten up so I can't imagine what type of sadistic little fucks your boss might give to him." Astrid replied hastily.

"Oh.... Like a nurse or something?" She inquired.

"Yes. I help him out, talk to him, and I'll work out something to get him out. And I guess you too if you wanted."

The demon smiled, "thanks but I'd rather focus on him for now." She held out her hand, "I'm Cherri."

Astrid took it, she didn't need to introduce herself as Cherri already knew her name.

"So how am I supposed to get a job here?" She asked.

"I can pull some strings with Val to get you an interview." Cherri smirked.

****

It wasn't difficult to get an interview actually.

The difficult part was the interview itself. Astrid remembered her first interview in hell and how much of a hurry Blitzø had been to get the interview over with.

If Blitzø had more time to think it through would be still have hired her? Astrid shook these thoughts away as she made her way over to the studio, not letting Alastor or Nifty, who had officially moved in with them, know where she was going.

Of course, Alastor's emotions were linked to hers in a way, or at least she could tell what he was feeling and vice versa. But he couldn't peer into her mind.

She had found, since getting into hell, that their powers fed off each other. The closer they were, the stronger their abilities.

But Astrid shook those thoughts away as well and pushed her way inside.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist purred upon seeing her, she twisted a strand of her long dark pink hair around her fingers with a seductive gaze.

Astrid squeezed her eyes shut for a moment out of humiliation, she didn't want to be here, but she was getting paid for it, and Angel Dust piqued her interest, perhaps out of pity.

"I- I'm looking for Valentino I have a job interview here." Astrid tried to sound forward, professional, no signs that could be taken the wrong way... she hoped.

"Oh." The demon sighed, seemingly disappointed, "yeah uh, he's down the hall far end on the right." She gestured her arm down the hall. Astrid gave a nod of appreciation and followed the directions.

"So you're the little girl who wanted to work for my star?" Valentino cooed when she went inside the office.

Astrid wanted to scowl but she kept her tongue held and nodded.

"Well, tell me about yourself. Why specifically do you want to work with him?" Valentino asked.

"Well for starters, his injuries. I'm good at taking care of those and I can help him look more... presentable... before shows."

That seemed to be enough for Valentino as he laughed, snapped his fingers, and took out a sheet of paper.

"Finally someone down here with some actual experience. All my other employees can't even put a bandaid over the cuts. Go up to his room and introduce yourself. Come back down here in let's say... an hour. Talk to me about him."

Astrid sighed with relief and then headed out the door, feeling uncomfortable under Valentinos gaze.