11

Dani POV

Lex has been acting super strange lately. Anytime I look at her, she stares back but looks rather quickly. If I want to talk to her, she just gives excuses about how she's busy. Ever since the kiss, she had barely said a word to me. For close to two months, she doesn't even spare me a glance.

And did I mention that she has gotten more stricter to us during training, especially when the coach gives the go ahead to supervise us.

I just hope I didn't do something wrong to her. I haven't really been myself due to the way she has been treating me.

I miss her.

"Maybe something is happening to her that she doesn't know how to tell you" Spencer said.

I was on a FaceTime call with them. I had to call them because although I missed them so much and I had to tell someone about it.

"Or maybe she's fantasizing you too much that she's scared of her own thoughts" Harley said while smirking.

"Ouch...What was that for?" Har said while rubbing her arm that Spence hit.

"Can you just be serious for a second please? Dan is having a hard time here and your mind is going too far. Jeezz!!" Spence said while glaring at her.

"Ok mom. You don't have to be so violent".

I smiled trusting my friends to always try and make me smile even if it's just a little bit.

"I get you Spence but she has refused to talk to me. And I also understand you Har, but still she needs to tell me something instead of avoiding me." I sadly said.

"I know right. Have you tried talking to her best friend maybe she could be of help?" Har asked

"Yea that's true. Have you?" Spence also asked.

"No I haven't really even thought about it. After our last game like two weeks ago, she told me that Lex was going to talk to me about something. But I should be patient with her and give her time to talk to me."

"Then you have to be patient with her. It's probably very serious, so just give her time" Har said.

"True, because it's getting to another two weeks since she last told you that. So it's either she's finding it difficult to tell you or she's scared of how you would react. So give her time." Spence concluded.

I knew they were right. I just had wait for her. And I had already promised her that I was going to wait, so I literally had no choice.

A month later

Lex has ignored me for three months now. And it's getting really sad. I mean I know she said I should wait for her, but I didn't know that it meant that we would stop talking to each other all together.

She has even stopped looking at me and makes sure she doesn't even have any reason to talk to me at all. We played our league game yesterday and we won by three goals to nil.

I had two goals and I assisted Lex in the third one.

Even when we all gathered together to have a celebratory hug, she refused to hug me like as if I repulsed her.

I was already getting tired of the waiting game but I still wanted to wait.

Lex POV

Three months has passed since I last spoke to Dani.

I know it's lame of me, but my anxiety has gotten the best of me that I didn't know what to do.

Tiff has probably gotten tired of trying to convince me to at least talk to her. I knew Dani also wanted to talk, she's tried everything to try to talk to me but I also avoid her.

She also looks sad and I know that it's all my fault.

It's not that I didn't want to talk to her, I just didn't know where I should start from.

What do I say, "ohh I'm sorry I'm not interested in a relationship because my ex still has control over my thinking even when we haven't seen in the past five years".

She would obviously think I'm not serious with her and probably move on.

"You really need to stop doing this to Dani, Lex. Trust me, it won't get you both anywhere. Three fucking months and you barely said a word to her and you are here always moping around" Tiff said.

We were both at home because coach had to go for his daughter's talent show and decided that we can stay at home and rest.

"I don't know again Tiff. She probably is tired of me already."

Saying it out loud made me so sad and heartbroken. I just knew I would mess things up like I also do.

"That's not true Lex. Have you seen the way she has been doing? She has been trying to talk to you all through these past months but you have been avoiding her. If she wasn't interested, she wouldn't have tried to talk. She still wants you and believe me, I think it's high time you told her everything. This silent treatment won't get you anywhere." She said.

I knew she was right but I was still scared. I just hoped she was right.

I looked at Tiff and I saw my phone on her outstretched hand.

"C'mon. Text her and ask her if you both can talk."

I took a deep breath and typed on my phone.

Our favorite couple is getting back little by little. Tell me what you think Lex would tell Dani. Would Dani agree to talk?
Please don't forget to like and comment ❤️