chapter 56

Soooo you're all going to hate me once you finish this chapter.
I couldn't decide how I wanted this to play out as I had so many ideas but I chose this one in the end and I wouldn't be suprised if half of you decide you have had enough of reading it considering the reaction I got before.

"so girls what do you think of my cooking" Rose asked.

"You mean our cooking" Carlos added.

"Well technically it was mum's since she prepped all the food" Leo said.

"Prepping not cooking" Carlos said

"Yes but cooking really is only heating up the food and making sure not to burn the food mother made"  Alesandro said.

"Fine how did you like her food" Carlos asked the girls.

"It is so good, the best food ive ever tasted" Lexi replied.

"Thank you dear, and what about you Emilia do you like it" Rose made sure to ask a yes or no question so she could anwser.

Emilia nodded.

But she felt slightly guilty as it wasn't the best food.

She quickly wrote down a proper anwser and showed Damon who was sat next to her.

"She says your a good cook but dad's food is better " Damon read out.

"Really bambina? I'm so happy you think that" Alesandro had a huge smile on his face. It was a big compliment for him and he knew the smile wouldn't go away anytime soon

Emilia nodded.

Dinner went on, nothing eventful happened. The family ate and got on well with the twins, except Marco who still hated them.
They didn't think much of Lexi but they got on with her and remained civil.

They mainly asked yes or no questions to Emilia as she wouldn't talk to them.

Everything was fine....until it wasn't.

Damon received a phone call. He shouldn't have taken the call....but he did.

He switched to Italian as it was a call from one of his men.

He anwsered thinking it was about the knife but it was actually about some petty gang who kept trying to steal from them.

Damon was not happy hearing this.

(A/N I can't be bothered using a  translator as I'm writing, so all bold words are spoken in Italian so the girls don't know what's being said)

"I'm with my family and you dare interrupt me for such a meaningless task. Get rid of them or I'll have you digging your own grave" he warned

The person on the other end was shaking even though he wasn't in the same room as him, he was terrified. His fear increased when he had to tell Damon that they needed his help.

"Fucking useless piece of shit, start fucking writing your will because if I don't see this as a good reason to leave a family event then I will kill you"

He then hung up

For the family who understood Italian, they decided not to comment on this, they knew something must have happened.

Emilia had gulped, she knew that tone, he was angry. And didn't understand anything apart from curse words.

And the the 'stupid' part of her decided to comment on them.

She tapped his arm, he looked at her with a blank look, she hesitated but showed him her notebook. Everyone watched in curiosity to see how this would play out.