XXXIV

"Welcome, Lady Burks."

The woman that is supposed to be my husband's second wife smiled at me before she curtsy in front of me.

We are currently in the Duchy's garden, I prepared a lot of delicacies for her that'll probably suit her taste.

I am not trying to be kind and generous Duchess in front of her. This is just how this world works when tending to guests...

"I'm sorry if I turn your invitation down. As you see, I can't carelessly go outside because of my condition."

Czarina just giggled softly before answering.

"That is fine, instead I am sorry for not considering the Madam's condition."

I remained silent and sip my herbal tea, she remained silent as well as she elegantly sip the rose tea that the maids prepared.

The sound of her cup made a subtle noise when she put it down on the glass table.

"Can I speak with the Duchess?"

Her eyes were smiling innocently to me when she looked at Jennie behind me.

"Pardon me My Lady, but the Duke has ordered that the Madam must never be left alone--"

"Jennie." I looked at her but her face was hesitant to go.

"But--"

"I am fine, I will call you immediately if something is wrong."

"Oh my, don't worry miss maid, I don't bite."

In the end, Jennie followed what I said and went away. Now that the two of us are alone, I wonder what she'll do.

"Who are you?"

My eyes went up and meets her beautiful celeste eyes.

"Haven't we introduced each other before?"

Suddenly, my heart thumped when the woman in front of me laughed like a witch.

"Please, you know that is not what I meant."

Her once innocent eyes was replaced by the eyes of a person who's obsessed of something.

"I know that I go by the name Mi Young Park, I wonder what's yours, hm?"

She's the same like me? She's also reincarnated here in the novel?

"There's no point of denying it, yes perhaps you are supposed to be pregnant right now because that is the fate of the real Cressida, but you are not supposed to be in love with the Duke."

Not only she reincarnated, she also know the contents of the novel!

"Just to tell you, I am going to be the Duke's wife, got that?"

Wow, the face...

"I am Iseul Kang."

"Iseul, huh..." She smirked.

"I thank you for carrying Derrick, but can you please divorce the Duke right after you give birth? Because as long as I remember, I am the next Duchess. Also, you know that the Duke was the one who killed Cressida in the novel right?"

This girl must've lost her mind.

Without any warning, I stood up holding the herbal tea in my hand as I pour slowly the tea on top of her head.

Her eyes widened in shock and her body began to tremble.

"You must've think too great of yourself just because the Empress is backing you up."