Magic Stone Permit

Yuri's P.O.V

Our family is known not only as one of the strong support of the King but also due to my father, the Duke's effort in maintaining a peaceful life for everyone. The tax is high for the merchants and the wealthy and a bit lower for the poor. There's also schools for the poor and work agencies that provide everyone work in a nice environment.
There are less monster sighting and less of barbarian attacking our Duchy. But ofcourse if you are too perfect people will want to harm you or find a way to take you down. They tried to make effort to ruin our name instead of making themselves better. How awful.
But due to my Dad's effort we never been tainted by those people.

I am almost 16 but the only person I often talk to is  my youngest brother, Andrew.
I am worried with him.
He has no ambition.
It was good that he doesnt want to fight for the Duke's title but even the worst person in school thinks he is nothing but just a shell.

I am always pissed with them.

Even before my big day, Andrew opened a new path for me. Thanks to him, I got a courage to talk to other people and make friends.

I wanted to help him too but time and time again I cause him to bleed and be injured.

I ask him one time if he wants me to stay away from him so he wont get mad and he laughs at me. I angrily tackled him and the back of his head hits the chair and once again he is bleeding. I am convinced that Im the reason he is stupid. I promise I will protect my brother at all cost. I need to be less clumsy too. I keep passing my lessons but Im not getting any good at controlling my strength.

"Why would you control your strength all the time? You should let it go at least once in a while."
The fool told me.

"Are you insane! You are getting wounded because I cant control my strength!"

"Ill tell you a story. About two princesses. One princess was gifted with a power to freeze and one has none. They are living happily until that power harmed the sister without power. The sister blamed herself and she feared her power. Everyone told her to hide the power or she will hurt others. She feared if she stayed with her ordinary sister, she will hurt her so she stops playing with her.When they parents died, the only people that know her power is gone. But she needs to be the queen. You know what happen?"

He looks at his sister and she is looking at him with her sparkling eyes.
He remembered this world has less fairytale than  the previous world. He  should plagarize Frozen the movie and sell it here. Right. He'll do that. He can draw the image too if you are plagrazing something do it properly. Fun. More money.

"What happened?"

"You should look forward. I only heard that the White Interprise will release this book."

"Akkk seriously? Eh? What it got to do with my inhuman strength?"

"I forgot."
My brother is a fool but there are times when I think he is very smart and see the world clearer than I do.
I hope he will have a happier life.

I am busy with the preparation with of my birthday celebration. The King and the Queen will be there the 4 princes too. Im swamped with work.
I am taking a break on the balcony and watches my youngest brother playing with a stray cat and blowing a bubble.

I wish I was him.
He is too carefree.

When our eyes met I was startled and hurriedly looks away.
I always complain about him being this and that then I keep thinking when Im having a tough time that Im jealous with him. It wasnt fair for him.

"You give up something to gain something." He told that to me.

I clenched my fist.
"You give up something to gain something."
Im determined. Ill give up my hours of leisure time to be the prettiest and the most elegant in my birthday party!
"Im ready!"