The Morning After 🖤

Maya's pov:

My eyes fluttered for a minute before adjusting to the light. But, my body refused to move even a bit. After a lot of convincing to myself that it's time I should get up, I opened my eyes to meet the most beautiful sight of my life.

Xavier. He was peacefully sleeping, not to forget tightly clutching me as if he wouldn't find me when he gets up.

Suddenly, my thoughts went back to yesterday night. Heat crawled up my cheeks and I could feel them heating up on remembering those surreal moments.

It was a bliss.

Yesterday, in that split second even before his touch, every nerve in my body and brain was electrified just at the thought of it. It was the anticipation of being together in a way that's more than words, that's so completely tangible.

I always wanted to be united in soul and body to the person who will be the love of my life. And so making love is an expression of love, of the bond, an intimacy that stretches gracefully into the thoughts, dreams and wishes.

To be choosy is different from being a prude, for once we are in love, everything we want to do is fun, play, love. And I could say, that he was everything.

He became my drug. One touch and his intoxication is instant.

"You cheeks getting into a darker shade of red proves that you are thinking of me." I gasped when I felt his hand stroking my neck and his eyes wide open.

"Whatever you want to do is what we'll do and there isn't a thing I can do to stop you - not that I'd want to." He said kissing my neck and heat in my cheeks increased more.

Suddenly feeling shy, I dipped my neck into his chest and hugged him more tight than before.

His laugh vibrated his chest, it was the perfect sound of a very good morning.

Xavier's pov:

Just her scent sends me into a heady trance, one that doesn't end until our bodies are still once more, just warm and snuggled in as close as two souls can be.

"Maya." I called her out and she raised her head. Her dark brown doe orbs were the only thing, I want to dive into right now.

"Good morning baby." I said kissing her forehead.

"Hmm...Good morning." She replied and her head went back into my chest.

"Not that I don't want to be close to you but, we have really important things to do today Maya. And for that we have to get up." She meekly nodded and got up.

Her perfect bear upper body was on complete display as she stretched her hands and rubbed her face.

The moment she realised that I was staring at her and she wasn't wearing anything, she quickly pulled the sheets up to her neck.

I laughed at her silliness and said, "You do know that I have seen everybody part of yours yesterday night, don't you?"

"That was different and its daytime now. I cannot just stand around wearing nothing and give you a show." She blushed more.