Ch.50 Love is worth the pain pt.1

I opened my eyes, and I found myself in my bed and I could hear machines beeping and I saw Leah laying her head on the bed while her hand was holding mine. She was sleeping. I remembered what happened, and I tried to get up, but this woke Leah up and she pushed me down and hugged me. She was crying, and I raised my hand. I wanted to console her but I couldn't.

Hearing her cry, others walked into the room. I saw dad, Bella, Edward, Esme and Rose walking in the room, others saw her and dad asked me, "How are you?"

I smiled and said, "I am feeling better." My eyes were looking for Cat. I needed to talk to her, I needed to… see her.

Bella looked at me and said, "We were worried when Leah came home with you in her hands. You were coughing up blood constantly. What happened?"

I looked at Leah and I pushed her away a little and she looked at me and I asked them, "Where is Cat? I need to see her. I need to apologise."

Dad and Rose looked away, and I doubted they knew something. I asked them, "Where is she? I need to talk to her…"

Dad put on a weak smile and said, "You should rest… Chris, you've just gone through something horrible."

I looked at Dad and said, "Where is she?"

Rose sighed and said, "She is in your home."

I removed all the shit attached to my arm and Leah asked, "What are you doing?"

I got up and said, "I need to talk to her."

Leah held my hand, and I turned and I said, "I need to know… please." I removed her hand. She still had teary eyes, and I had a terrible pain again in my heart, but it wasn't like before. It was like someone squeezed my heart. I wiped her tears and I walked away.

I heard Lucien, and he said, "Kid, try to have a calm head…"

I asked him, "Is this what you mean when you said I am too close to see it?"

He sighed and said, "Yeah, but Chris, she did what she did for you… she wanted you to be happy."

I said nothing but just nodded and I got out of the house and transformed and ran to my home. As I ran to my heart, the ache in my heart grew. Did she know she truly manipulated me to do all this? I wanted all of it to be a lie, but even if it was, it wouldn't change anything I did… What she did.

I reached my home, and I transformed back and I walked up to the door and I exhaled and opened the door. I walked inside and I saw them there in the living room. Alice was consoling here, and Jasper and Emmett stood up and I said, "I need to talk."

Emmett said, "Look Chris, I know you are angry." I walked forward and cut him off and said, "This is between me and her… please go..." He placed his hand on me and stopped me.

I growled and said, "Get out of the way." He looked at me and said, "Don't do it."

Cat said, "Let him come." Emmett looked back and said, "But…" She said, "He is right, this is between me and him."

Alice was looking away and was confused and she said, "We should leave."

Emmett looked at her and then sighed and said, "Fine, but we are outside." Cat nodded, Emmett and Jasper left and Alice stood up and walked towards me and said, "Please try…" She walked away and then they closed the door.

It was just me and her in the room. The air was dense. It was difficult for me to breathe and words refused to come out of me. She looked at me and she stood there with a stern face. I dug up the dreadful question which I was begging myself not to ask, "Did you know?"

She looked at me and she said, "I did… I made you get close to her."

As I heard that, my heart just sank, tears fell from my eyes and I asked, "Why? Why do this? We had everything… We were happy, so why? Why?!"

She shivered, and she asked me, "Did we have everything?" She sniffed and said, "Chris, you may ignore it, but we are different. I can never bear you children. You can't imagine how happy I was when you accepted me, but I could never truly be happy knowing what I was taking away from you. The possibility of having a normal life. Even if it meant being hated by you. So when she told me she liked you, I did this. You may not believe me when I say this, but what I did was for your happiness."

I looked at her and asked, "My happiness? My happiness?!" She looked at me and I started walking towards her and said, "And who said my happiness was bound to a child? You think I am not reminded of every waking moment that we are different? I didn't care if we were different, cause I knew if anything would stand in our way, you would stand by my side as I would." I was in front of her. I grabbed her by her shoulders and said, "I don't need a child. I don't need everything. Normal is not what I want. What I wanted was you!"

I let go of her and I said, "But I guess you didn't think like that." She fell on her knees and I walked out the door. I still wanted to be with her, but I can't just find it in me. It took everything to just walk away from her. The pain in my heart and the rage that was burning inside me were hard to control. If I had stayed there, I don't know what I would have done.

I transformed, and I ran away. I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to be with anyone. I wanted to be alone, so I ran to the mountains.