019

"go engineering department!"

"fashion design will win this year, losers!"

"as if! y'all can't even walk without tripping on your feet-"

ni-ki groaned as he listened to the endless bickering of the people behind him. he's standing on the side of the bleachers, watching as the sports fest will start soon. he gripped his camera tight, taking shots of the scenes in front of him.

if it wasn't for sunoo hyung, i wouldn't be making an effort to do this job. riki wasn't even fond of these kind of events- there's just too much crowd and he feels tired already.

"riki, here!"

he hears chenle's voice nearby. when he looked around, he spotted the boy standing at the middle of the bleachers with yuna and jeno.

riki makes way towards them. he struggled walking in the middle of the crowd before arriving to their seats.

"sorry, i forgot to tell you that students get rabid every sports week. everyone is fucking competitive here." chenle mumbles beside him.

"yeah, i can see that." he checked the players below. i don't see sunoo hyung, is he going to compete this morning?

"looking for sunoo?" he almost cursed when sunghoon whispered behind him. he didn't notice that the guy was also with them.

riki didn't answer. "where's jungwon?"

"diverting a question with a question, that's a good dodge." sunghoon chuckled while still staring at the field. "jungwon's at the gymnasium, i assigned him to watch the whole badminton event and make an article."

yikes, poor jungwon. no wonder he was close to begging for me to switch with him.

"if you want to see sunoo, just come to the oval at 2 pm. he'll do his warm-ups there."

ni-ki gave sunghoon a weird look. "why are you saying this to me?"

sunghoon raised an eyebrow. "what, you don't like sunoo anymore?"

the freshman signalled him to keep quiet. what if someone hears? "hyung, don't say it like that."

"don't order me around nishimura, we're not close."

he quickly nodded. this guy is scary. "but...why are you helping me?"

sunghoon tilted his head to the side, as if he heard a new word. he lets out a laugh.

"i'm not helping anyone. i just wanna see how long you're gonna last on pursuing sunoo. if you think you can make him like you, then go for it." he smirked, his eyes shining with mischief.

"i'm only here to watch you give up, nishimura."

riki's smile vanished. give up? who the fuck says i'm giving up?

++++++++

[ wonwon ]

riki:
why is sunghoon such an asshole

wonwon:
really? 😱 i didn't notice that
thanks for stating the obvious
he even left me alone in the gymnasium to watch a boring sport

riki:
he thinks i'm gonna give up on liking sunoo hyung

wonwon:
oh
he's an asshole but atleast he's honest 😶

riki:
HEY
no one's giving up
i'm not going anywhere until sunoo hyung likes me

wonwon:
then ig you're gonna have to stay where u are for the rest of your life
dumbass
where the hell even are you?