Epilogue 1

October 28th, 2022

October 28th, 2022

"He looks so hot," I giggle as Ryder flies across the ice doing what he does best, kick ass at hockey. It is the 8th game of the season and so far the team is dominating, even more than they did last season, and last season they only lost one game.

"Fran you have Ryder on th- Yes baby! Show them who's boss," Maya screeches as Alex hops on the ice as Ryder hops off.

"I think what she was trying to say was that you... Hey don't touch my man!" Parker still doesn't understand hockey but the one rule he does understand is no roughing the goalie, which I guess for him is all he needs to know. I have offered to teach him more but he has no interest; the only reason he even comes to hockey games is to support Bray and eat french fries. According to him, to do both those things he doesn't need to understand hockey.

Ryder takes his helmet off once he is on the bench and whips his head to move the sweaty hair off his forehead. I watch him, completely enthralled with how the sweat dripping down the side of his face only makes him look more attractive. Old Francesca would be gagging at the mere thought of hockey player sweat, but now look at me. Ryder catches me staring and shoots me a wink before focusing back on the game.

The game ends, a blow out against Penn State with a goal scored by Ryder, Alex, Dunk and Luke. I couldn't be prouder of my man, and the rest of the team, as me and the rest of the figure skating cheer squad hurries off to the lockers to congratulate the team.

"Did you see Luke give Ryder a high five," I whisper to just Luna as we wait. Luke is slowly warming up to Ryder and the rest of the team in general. He still has a bit of an attitude but there has been substantial progress from August till now. He has yet to come to a hockey house party but according to the groupchat he did show up for team breakfast today, he hasn't for the last 3 weeks so it is something.

"I did, he is getting nicer, which is good because only I can bully Ryder."

"Bubs," Tristian warns, kissing her head gently. "We don't bully, bite, or berate our friends, remember?"

"No, I don't," she smiles innocently at him and he just shakes his head and kisses her. "What time does this stupid hockey party start by the way?"

"10pm sharp, don't be late anyone. The boys have a game tomorrow so it is a short partys over at 1am," Maya instructs, speaking to everyone in our group. Hockey house rarely has parties when they have a game the next day but considering their game tomorrow is late, Penn State isn't a threat, and it is Halloween, they made an expectation.

"We should be doing something else tonight other than spending it in stinky hockey house," she grumbles.

Me and Parker both open our mouths to reply but the team begins to walk out and our attention is trained on the door waiting for our respective boyfriends. Luke is the first one out and he gives our group a shy but friendly wave before doing the normal interview stuff. The new freshman all-star is of course talk of the school and I already worry that the Ryder v. Luke comparisons will create tensions on the team if Luke lets them go to his head.