Chapter 23 |I'm not sorry|

I sit with Rose and Delilah, Greyson's twin sister as we wait for the hockey game to start

I sit with Rose and Delilah, Greyson's twin sister as we wait for the hockey game to start. Delilah and Rose laugh about a meme they saw on Twitter while I scroll through Instagram.

I look up when I hear the game starting. I smile when I hear number 55 be announced. Noah comes skating onto the ice and looks up starlight at me and smiles at me.

Once everyone is finally on the ice the game starts. I cheer for Noah as he gets a goal. He has been different since we got back from his parents. He felt off for a couple of days after seeing them, but he eventually told me about his mom's treatments.

She had told me stories about him as a child. She told me that I was the first girl Noah had brought home to meet them. Noah was right, that I didn't need to worry about If they like me. His mom and dad were so sweet to me.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when I see referees race onto the ice as well as other teammates. I don't know what is happening until Delilah tells me that there is a fight on the ice.

My whole body freezes when I see one member from the other team and Noah fighting. I see the guy throw a punch straight at Noah's face. Noah stumbles back before lunging at the guy again.

Noah punches the guy so hard that he falls onto the ice. Roman pulls Noah away by wrapping their arms around him while Leo stands in front of Noah pushing him back.

One of the teammates from the other team tries to hit Noah but gets pushed by Leo. I soon see Greyson getting in a fight with someone. Rose is on her feet in seconds as her gaze focuses on Greyson.

Once they get the two teams split apart, we are told by the announcer that they will not be continuing the game. Delilah tells us to follow her to the locker rooms. As we approach the door of the locker room I hear yelling happening.

"What the hell happened out there Hayes!" Coach yells.

"I'm not sorry about me punching him. He deserved it!" Noah says not fully yelling. The girls and I wait outside the door for them since we can't go in. I pace while Rose is crouched down next to the door. Delilah zones out as she has her arms crossed over her chest and she leans against the wall.

They have stopped yelling, their voice lower now. They must have gone into the Coach's office. I hear the other guys chattering in the room. After what feels like forever the door opens.

We watch as other teammates leave the locker room. Soon Roman emerges and comes up to me. He gives me a side hug as he starts to wait for the other guys to come out.

"We don't know what happened, if you talk to him he might tell you," Roman says slowly so only I can hear him. I nod my head not able to speak, he leaves not long after because he has to study. I just needed to make sure Noah was okay.

Leo and Greyson soon walk out of the room. They both say that they're okay before saying a quick goodbye. Rose and Delilah say that they will ride with them. I lean against the wall in front of the locker room and wait for Noah.