Chapter 18 |FaceTime|

I get up from my vanity to grab the phone that's ringing on my bed

I get up from my vanity to grab the phone that's ringing on my bed. It was a FaceTime call from my dad. I gotta sit back down on my vanity chair as I stand my phone up against my mirror. I chock the green answer button before going back to doing my makeup.

"Hello sweetheart," My dad says, greeting me. I look down and see him in the kitchen making himself a sandwich. My dad didn't have a thick Spanish accent like my mother. He was born here while my mom was born in Puerto Rico.

"Hi Dad," I say, greeting him as my smile forms on my face automatically while talking to him. He starts to tell me about how his days have been going and how mom has been.

As he was about to start telling me a story about mom and him when they were in high school, I heard my door open. I turn my head and see Noah walking in; he drops his bag onto the floor before walking towards me.

"Hello beautiful," He says as he places a kiss on the top of my head. My eyes widen when I realize that my dad can see everything. Noah must not have noticed the man glaring at him through the scene because he then moves to my bed and throws himself onto it.

He turns his head towards me, and a confused look overtakes his face as he sees me with an almost petrified look. Before he can open his mouth and ask what's wrong a voice comes from my phone. My eyes drift to my phone with a nervous smile.

"River! Who is that boy?" My dad asks with a frown. Now it's Noah's turn to look petrified. Right, when I'm about to try and make my father act like he is crazy I hear another voice.

"Boy? ¡Déjame ver!" My mother says with an excited tone. She and dad start to bicker while all I can do is try not to laugh at Noah's face. I'm hoping that if he does shit his pants that he doesn't do it on my quilt.
(Boy? Let me see)

"River, ¡déjame ver al chico!" My mother yells at me through the phone. (River, let me see the boy)

"Mamá!" I groan as I bury my face into my hands, not even caring to finish doing my eyeliner. I turn my head towards Noah again and he is calmer now.

𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺?

I mouth to Noah. He gives me a small nod before standing up off the bed. He takes a deep breath before walking behind me and bending down so that they can see him.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Michelson!" He says in a cheerful tone. One of his hands hangs on the back of my chair while the other one goes to my lap and grabs my hand. I squeeze him to reassure him that I'm right here.

"¡Qué mono! ¿Es este del chico del que hablaba Rose?" Mom asks me while she smiles at Noah.
(How cute! Is this the boy Rose was talking about?)

"She called you cute," I mutter to Noah as I nod my head at my mother's question. Noah smiles bigger at the compliment from my mom.

"¿Què chico?" My dad asked my mother, confused. She makes an 'oops' sound before shutting her mouth completely. I chuckle at them before scooting over so that Noah can take a seat on the chair with me. (What boy?)

It's not a lot of space for him so he tells me to stand up. Once I stand up he sits completely into the chair before pulling me down to sit on his lap. His arms wrap around my torso as he rests his head on my shoulder.

"What's your name?" My dad asks Noah as he glares at him when he sees me now sitting in Noah's lap.

"Noah," Noah replies with a nervous smile.

"Dad, how about you leave the interrogation when you meet him in person?" I ask my father. He sighs before nodding his head.

"If you hurt her I will bury you alive. Bye sweetheart, your mom and I are meeting with your aunts and uncles today." Dad says his voice goes from deadly to sweet in just seconds.

I nod my head and say a quick goodbye to my parents before ending the call. Noah lets out a deep sigh as he finally relaxes.

"I think I shit my pants," He says with a shy smile. I laugh at him as I get up off his lap and walk over to my bed to lay down. Noah soon follows, he doesn't just lay on the best.

He crawls onto the bed and collapses on top of me. I groan as I try to push his heavy body off of mine. "I can't breathe," I whine. He laughs rolling off of me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. We didn't have a tutoring day today. I didn't know he was coming over until he walked into my room.

"I just wanted to see you," He says. I turn my head so that I can see his face. He is already looking at me. I see his eyes move from my eyes to my lips. It was so fast I thought I imagined it.

"What did you do today?" I ask, trying to get rid of any tension between us. He turns his head so that he is staring at the ceiling. I soon follow doing the same thing as he starts to tell me about his day.

We go back and forth talking and listening to each other. Before we knew it we had spent the next four hours just laying there as we talked, listened and laughed. It's the most relaxed I have been in a while.

On Monday, Mrs. Stone will be announcing who will be getting the solo. I've been stressing over it all month. I've been staying late and practicing until I felt like I was going to throw up. Let's just hope all my practice paid off. It would be a dream come true if I get this solo.

 It would be a dream come true if I get this solo