Chapter 59

I exited the car, closed the door, took a deep breath through my nose, and exhaled slowly. I stood there for a few minutes staring at the front of Lilli's, trying to tell myself it would be all right. 

Blakely closed her door and walked around to the front of the car. "Chelsi, what are you waiting for? Come on." She motioned her hand for me to join her. 

And I was scared to move away from the car for some reason. In fact, I wanted to jump back into it and drive away. I couldn't understand where all this fear was coming from and why it was showing up now. Even though my eyes were fixated on Lilli's, I could see Blakely move closer to me. 

"We need to go in before Easton thinks you didn't show up." She caressed my forearm. 

Hearing her say Easton's name, I snapped out of my trance; I blinked a couple of times and walked toward the entrance. I opened the door and saw his head sticking up over the espresso machine. I was afraid to move my eyes off him in case his mother was close by, shooting daggers out of her eyes at me. I sucked it up and shifted my eyes off to the side of him to find that he was the only one behind the counter. 

Blakely eased past me, nudging my arm. "Let's go order an iced latte." 

"Yeah..." I mumbled, following her up to the counter. 

"Hey!" Easton smiled. "I was beginning to think you weren't going to show up." He moved from behind the espresso machine. 

"Sorry." Suddenly, I felt embarrassed for standing outside for so long. 

"Traffic was a bitch." Blakely said, glancing over at me. 

"I'm glad you both made it. What can I make you before I close down the machine? I know...Iced Cherry Mocha lattes with oat milk." He grabbed two cups from under the counter. "Go have a seat, and I'll bring them to you.

I turned to the right and saw Savannah and her friends sitting in the big corner booth. I wanted to take off running out the door of the coffee shop before Easton could hurt me again. Blakely grabbed my arm and gently pulled me away from the counter, whispering that Savannah wasn't worth it. I wouldn't budge from my spot at first, but finally, I gave in and went with Blakely to a booth where I couldn't see Savannah. 

I slid down in the booth, placed my elbows on the table, and rested my chin in the palms of my hands. "Why in the hell do these things always happen to me?" 

"I honestly don't know. You have a remarkable gift for it." 

"I can't do this again." I started to slide out of the booth. 

She grabbed my arm. "Wait. You don't even know why she's here. I don't think you should leave," She said, looking me in the eye with her arm stretched across the table. 

"What's going on?" Easton asked, walking up with our drinks in his hands. 

"Nothing." Blakely quickly let go of my arm and sat back in her seat. 

Easton stood there exchanging glances between Blakely and me. "Something is definitely going on." He set our drinks down on the table. 

Before I could stop, the words flew out of my mouth. "Why in the hell is Savannah here?" I glared up at him. 

"Oh my god, Chelsi." Blakely lowered her head, shaking it side to side in disapproval. 

"What?" I shot a disapproving look at her for not being on my side. 

"Why are you mad at me?" She huffed back. 

"Girls! Stop!" Easton raised his voice. "For one, Savannah came in an hour ago with her friends. I can't stop her from coming in here. I have to close up. Don't go anywhere." He glanced down at me.