Thirty-Seven

[|]

When I got back, I felt more comfortable because I was alone so I raced to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of chips and Coke. I dropped my snacks in the living room and changed into an oversized cartoon print shirt and loose pants. I sat down on the couch facing the TV and picked up my snacks with a smile on my face.

As I turned on the television, the front door opened, scaring me. Lucas walked in, taking off his jacket. I glanced at the door, expecting Andrea to walk in but when I saw no one, I looked at him as he approached me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as he say down beside me on the couch.

"This is my house. I live here," he retorted and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious, Lucas. What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be on a date with Andrea?"

Lucas grabbed the bag of chips from my hand and tore it open. He popped some of the chips into his mouth and pointed at the Coke. I hugged the bottle to my chest, giving him signs that he wasn't going to get it.

"Answer me."

"First, it wasn't a date. Secondly, she was a loudmouth. She talks too much. Andrea is beautiful and is my type but fuck, she's too loud for my liking. She talks about how good-looking I am, she even talks about how I might be loaded with money, she talks about how she wants us to go out more often and how we'll make a great couple. I got bored and lied that someone needed me at work," Lucas said, waving his hand animatedly.

I bit my lip so I would not laugh because the situation was funny. It was funny seeing Lucas complain about a girl even though I haven't seen him around the girls he claims were his type.

"So, what is wrong with what she said? A girl can dream, ya know," I teased and opened my bottle of Coke. I took a sip out of it and gasped when Lucas grabbed the bottle from my hand and drank a quarter out of it.

It didn't bother me that he snatched my drink from me, what bothered me was the fact that he shared a bottle with me. He placed his lips directly on the lid, not even away from his lips.

"Why are you staring at my face like that?" He asked and drank more.

I realized my mouth was open and shut it. I readjusted on the couch and laced my fingers together.

"You just drank out of the bottle," I said and he shrugged.

"So? I was thirsty?"

"No, silly. My lips already touched the lid and you just put your mouth on the same lid," I explained and saw how he stared at the bottle before glancing at my face, particularly my lips.

I gulped and shifted on the couch. His gaze on my lips was too intense that I looked at my lap.

"We've kissed before."

Flashes of the two times we kissed filled my memory. The first time we kissed had been at his party and the second after the day we last saw each other. Thinking about it made my lips tingle from the memories. I almost felt the urge to rub my lips but folded my fingers.

"We've kissed before so it shouldn't bother you if I drink out of the same bottle, or cup or use the same spoon you've used," Lucas whispered and I looked at him from my side vision. He was still staring at me.