Happiness

(Hey guys... I... I have bad news. This is not a joke. I know I said I was going to upload every Wednesday and Saturday but.. I can't.. I'm not able to. I'm dealing with a lot of bad things rn and I'm so sorry but I won't be able to upload for a little bit... idk how long... I want to come back as soon as anyhow possible. Thanks for understanding. So sorry for starting off so serious, hopefully this chapter will make it a little better for all of you ❤️.. -Ace)
—-
I wake up in Link's arms and start my day with a smile. He opens his eyes the second I remove his arm from my back.

"Morning sunshine," I greet him with the smile he put on my face. "How did you sleep?"

"Ask me in an hour," he moans in his raspy morning voice and buries his head under the mountain of pillows.

"Sorry," I giggle. "I didn't mean to wake you. I'll just go take a quick shower and be back in 5 to 10 minutes." His body shoots up with a smirk aimed at me. "Solo," I add.

"Oh come on! I'd literally give up sleep for you," he laughs. "I need a shower too."

"Fine."

"Fine?"

"Fine."

"For real?"

"Yes. If you need a shower that badly and can't wait for me to go first, you can take a shower in one of the guest bathrooms while I take a shower in my bathroom."

"Oh you're cruel," he sighs and drops back down onto his back.

"I'll be back in 5 to 10 minute," I laugh and get up.

"Good morning kiss," he begs and leans over just enough for me to reach his lips from the bedside.

Grinning like a quokka, I make my way to the bathroom. Not referring to the sunrays falling through the hallway windows, this seems to be another bright day! If I could wake up next to Link every day I would suffer from a dopamine overdose.
After my shower, I head downstairs to snatch some strawberries from the dining table. On my way to the patio, I pass the living room. Father is sitting on the sofa, reading the news on his tablet.

"Good morning," I quietly greet him in a fast pace.

"Zelda," he growls and I instantly stop in my tracks. His tone is serious and the look he gives me even more so. "Sit."

"Right now? I was just about to search for our tennis equipment."

"What for?"

"To play tennis with Link later today."

"You don't play tennis."

"I could start," I shrug, chewing on my lip.

"The rackets are in the pool house," he says. "Now sit."

I take a deep breath before walking up to the sofa. He puts the tablet down and waits for me to take a seat across from him.

"I understand Link stayed the night?" he begins. I knew this would be about that.

"Yes."

"I also understand that none of the guest bedrooms were occupied last night." I don't answer. I simply move my head in a way that could be read as both a nod and a sideways shake. He sighs and interlocks his hands over his lap. "I don't mind providing a quiet place for Link during one of his fraternity's social gatherings... But... I do mind you two sharing a bed."

"I... I understand," I answer, looking anywhere but his direction.

"Perhaps we should revisit the topic of–"

"Nope!" Not again. Never again. I'll die of humiliation if he utters the word coitus again.

"Zelda, be reasonable."