27~ Awkward Christmas Party

"Hey Cor, can you go get those gingerbread cookies from Riley's? And if Chantel is in, ask if she can come tonight." Dad asked.

"Yeah Dad. Do we need anything else? I was think about stopping by the store for a few things I ran out of."

Dad looked around. Our house was full of Christmas decorations. We kind of go full out in this house. "Um I think we're good here. I'll text you if I think of anything."

I nodded and head up to my room. I already had in a white sweater and black leggings. I threw on my Uggs and a red beanie. I grabbed my purse and keys and went back downstairs.

I got in the car. First and foremost, I put on the Christmas music. Then I buckled up and pulled out of the driveway. I danced and sung to my Pentatonix Christmas songs.

I pulled into Riley's. I'm glad I wasn't working today.

"Hey Simon, I'm here to pick up the gingerbread cookies." I told Simon as I walked into the store.

"Hey girl" Chantel came out from the break room. "What are you here for?"

"The gingerbread cookies and the best hot chai you could get me right now" I smiled at her.

"Oh I forgot about the party tonight. I'm not sure if I can make it." She went to make the chai.

I frowned. "Chan, you have to come. Please. You already told Dad you were gonna come. Sky's really excited to see Beckham again."

She sighed. "I'll try if my brother isn't a dumbass and brings Adrien over. I can't leave my house if he does. My mom can't handle him."

"If you need me, I'll gladly put I dent in that boy's face."

She laughed at me. "I know you would." She handed me the chai.

Simon got back and handed me the box of gingerbread cookies. "Thank you guys so much." I handed them a ten.

My phone dinged and I pulled it out of my back pocket.

"That's Dad. Turns out we don't have anymore napkins." I rolled my eyes with a slight laugh. "Chan I better see you tonight." I walked backwards.

I turned at the wrong second and ran into somebody. Thankfully I didn't spill anything.

"Oh I'm sor-" he started but the word died off his lips.

I started wide eyed at Will. "Sorry" I mumbled and walked around him as fast as possible. I left the store.

Why is it that every time I step out of the house, I run into him? Why does this have to happen to me?

I got in the car and took a deep breath. I quickly pulled out of the parking lot and drove down the street. I pulled into the store parking lot.

First, I grabbed two packs of napkins that had Merry and Bright printed on them. Then I went to my favorite aisle, the candy aisle. I grabbed some chocolate, sour candy, and some candy canes. Some of it was for me and some of it was for the kids.

I went to the cosmetic section. I grabbed some mascara since I ran out recently and some deodorant, that I also ran out of.

As I walked up to the cash register, I grabbed a couple of gingerbread houses for the kiddos to work on.

I check out and left the store. I got back home a few minutes later. Lauren's car was there already. People were gonna start showing up within the next couple of hours.

"Okay, I have the napkins." I put the bags on the counter and grabbed the stuff I got for me. "I got a few things for the kids. Some candy canes and gingerbread houses. Oh shoot I forgot the gingerbread cookies from Riley's in the car." I turned around to go out to get them.