CHAPTER FOUR - DIVORCE

Lila POV

Last night after I went home from the game. Even though I am still in a painful state I managed to drag myself back home.

I didn't even sleep a wink. I feel like my whole world crumbling down beneath my ground. As if my heart breaks into tiny pieces that I don't know how to collect those pieces and be whole again.

But even so I need to be strong for my baby. That's the only hope I have in this world. Even the father of my child won't like that idea of me conceiving or I don't think he wants to acknowledge our baby anyway. He is happy from what I saw last night.

So instead of huddling myself in the corner of the room I choose to stand and act normally like I was before.

That morning, when I was busy eating my breakfast I received a call from Blake's attorney. He said that his client wants to settle things with me. He was even talking about assets or money that I can get since we did not sign any prenuptial agreement.

Honestly, I don't care about the alimony I can get by divorcing him. For all I care he can keep his money for himself since I can take care of myself just fine. But instead of saying that to the attorney, I told him that I have something to discuss with his client. He said that it's a good thing since he can help settle those things.

So here I am heading down to where we agreed to meet. Just as I arrived I left my car then went inside to where they were. The attorney already texted me that they already arrived and that I just need to get inside once I arrive.

I went inside the room and I saw Blake and his lawyer talking. They stopped when they saw me. I didn't bother to greet my soon to be ex husband. So I just took a vacant chair and sat across from him.

"Good noon, it's nice that you come, Miss Lila!" The lawyer said to me once he saw me settle.

"Can we begin now?" I told him.

I saw Blake throw a dirty look at me. And I didn't bother to reach nor say anything to him. I just let him stare at me whatever ways he wants. It doesn't bother me anymore whatever he thinks of me. Any minute from now I will no longer be related to him. So who cares!

"Wow you really are eager to get money from me huh?" He said in a soft voice but I could fairly hear it since there were only three of us in the room. It's still loud and clear to me.

I didn't bother to respond again. As I said I don't care! Instead I focused my eyes on his lawyer and acted like he didn't exist at all.

"So, my client here wants to settle things with you, Miss Lila. As you know he filed for a divorce from you. Since you don't have any prenuptial agreement!" He went on and on about money, how much I will get, how many assets I can have. Before this dragged a bit longer I decided to interrupt him. I don't care if they see me as rude. But they are rude at first to me.

"Attorney, just tell your client that I will not need any alimony for him. To be precise, I won't ask anything, meaning I don't want his money, his wealth. He can have it for all he wants because I didn't come here to talk about it!" I said to them as I witnessed how both of their eyes turned wide for a moment then went back to normal again.

"Instead of receiving anything from him. I just want him to sign this!" I said as I lay down the paper that I have held since I came here.

The attorney read it then passed it to Blake who's eyes were shocked for a moment.

"You don't need me to sign it. I already know that the baby is not mine. It's obviously not mine!" He said to me and I looked at him this time.

"I just want to make sure Mr. Blake!" I said as I met his gaze with me with the same emotion.

"Fine!" He said then grab his pen and sign the document.

"Are you sure Sir? You don't want me to review this for you?" The lawyer asked him.

"Yes! If she thinks I will go after her child, then she's mistaken. For all I know this is her new tactic so I will pity her!" He said and passed the paper to me when he finished signing it.

Then I grabbed the divorce paper and didn't bother to read it. I just put my signature then stand up.

"Is that all Sir?" I asked the lawyer.

"Yes that's all! I will send a certificate to you once it is passed to the judge! Thank you for your cooperation Miss Lila!"

"Ok, I will be going now!" I said as I turned away from them.

I headed up, walked away from them. I let out a deep breath when I finally settled inside my car. I didn't know I was holding my breath since I came inside that room. I still feel suffocated when I am in the same room with him.

I know it's hard to move on. But I will do my best. You can't unlove someone overnight right? It will take a process to begin to unlove him and slowly but surely I will find myself again.

I know it will be hard but knowing that sooner I am going to see my child. I feel happy and excited. For now I will concentrate on my pregnancy. Forget about the people who hurt me and move on.

And I have a certain place in mind that will help me move on. I don't want to go back there but I guess I need to go back there now.