63.Show Me Love

recommended by kin11brutus

Language: Swedish

Previously known as 'Fucking Amal' This is one of the most realistic coming of age movie which was definitely ahead of it's time. The depiction of teenage life which is filled with angst and drama but at the same time having some good memorable moments was just perfect.

I loved the ship dynamic which was the popular girl with the moody loner. It's one of my favourites and it made me love with movie alot more.

The whole thing of Erin wanting to be in love with Agnes but not wanting to interact with her and Agnes being a usually grumpy loner but still simping hard for Elin was honestly relatable.

The characters aren't shown without any flaws and tho I kind of disliked them for it, it also made them more realistic. Agnes being rude to the only friend who bothered to come to her birthday kind of irked me and as much as I can relate to finding it hard to accept yourself, I still find myself bothered when Elin ignored Agnes while spending time with a guy.

Although the cinematography is kinda blurry which was normal in the era it was filmed, they both end up together and get a happy ending which was alot for it's time. Overall I would definitely recommend it to those who enjoy come of age movies with a happy ending.