Chapter Twenty-Five.

He lays down beside me and switches on his mobile phone, I know he is ignoring me and I know he is going to ask me about Ethan any day now and I won't be able to hide anything anymore.

I look at him, biting my lower lip because I'm nervous about what I'm going to tell him. This night may be my last night in this house but I have to tell him this so he doesn't think that I'm cheating on him or something.

"Aiden?" I call him, he glances at me and then turns his attention back to his phone. He's avoiding me, he's doubting me. I shouldn't have waited this long to tell him everything. I should've told him everything the moment I met Ethan again that day.

"Aiden?" I call him again, this time he tosses his phone beside him on the bed and turns his attention to me. I can see that he's not willing to listen to me but I know once I tell him everything, he'll start trusting me again. But the question is, did he ever trust me?

"What is it, Marilyn?" He asks. His face holds no expressions and suddenly a thought struck me. What if I'll never get to know him the way he knows me? What will happen then, how will I be able to keep this marriage alive? There are times when I just can't tell what he's thinking or what he's feeling. He's like a mystery.

A mystery that I want to solve but I don't think that he wants to be solved.

"I want to tell you something."

"Go on."

Despite the air-conditioned room, I've started to sweat profusely. I hope he doesn't notice that

I scoot closer to him and take his hands in mine, I don't know from where I'm getting this courage but I need it, I need the courage to tell him what I'm going to tell me.

"I-, the reason Ethan was in our room was that-," 

"I didn't ask you anything. Now let me work." With that, he snatches his hands from mine and picks up his phone again without letting me complete my sentence. This is so rude.

And it's making me cry. Will he be back to ignoring me every day? Does that mean we'll be parting our ways soon? because I wouldn't be able to take this all again.

Has Ethan succeeded in ruining everything? 

I glance at him, he's reading something on his phone, and of course, he's completely ignoring my existence.

It's four in the morning when I wake up to the sound of the door closing. My first instinct is to look beside me to check if my husband is there or not and as I expected, he isn't. What the hell is he even doing at four in the morning?  

Maybe he's working? Has he finally gone crazy? I hope not, there's so much we haven't done yet...

I get out of bed and tiptoe towards the door so I don't make any sound. I don't know why but I'm getting a weird feeling about this.

I step out of our bedroom and look towards the study because I just know that he'll be there, he loves that room a little too much. My heart's beating a little too fast and I'm scared that he'll catch me spying on him. Well, I'm not exactly spying on him, I'm just curious about why he's up so early in the morning.

I make my way towards the study just to find the door ajar, which means I'm getting lucky today. Nothing can go wrong, nothing should go wrong because he's already mad at me because of Ethan. 

"I fucking told you to keep him alive, how can you be so irresponsible?" I hear him and my heart drops.

What did he just say? What is he talking about?

I peek inside just to find his back facing me which is good because I super don't want him to catch me right now. I might be getting somewhere, maybe I'll find out the answers to every question that has been bugging me.