𝟐𝟒

"Money?" Minho asked, raising an eyebrow.

It felt like almost yesterday when he saw the papers—the papers that told him his new parents didn't really love him; they just saw him as a way to get money. To twelve-year-old Jisung, that was the moment his world came crashing down.

"I found a letter from the government," he explained as Minho rubbed and caressed the back of his hand with his thumb. It was comforting, and he knew Minho was there to ease any and all of his pain.

"It said they were increasing the subsidy for me."

Minho parted his lips but paused, unsure of how to respond. "I'm sure there's a reason."

Jisung shook his head, squeezing his eyes shut tightly. "I don't care!"

Minho seemed surprised by the sudden outburst, as his motions stopped.

"They wouldn't get paid money if I was their real child."

All he wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry. He hated talking about his family.

"They get paid for it because I'm not their real child."

"Even worse, they hid it from me." His auntie was stupid for thinking he wouldn't find out. And if she really wanted to keep it a secret, then she should've hidden it somewhere Jisung would've never looked.

"I see..." Minho was thinking, wondering how to approach the topic without upsetting Jisung any further. "But that doesn't mean Auntie doesn't love you."

"No! Don't you see?" There he was, letting his emotions get the best of him. He truly didn't want to shout at Minho, but when it came to the sensitive topic of his family, he hated how it seemed like Minho was on their side.

"None of the other families in our apartments receive money, just us!"

"She always looks worried that I might find out." Jisung rubbed at his eyes, trying his best to halt the production of tears.

"And I hate myself for thinking like this,"

Minho took a step closer. "I just can't believe..."

His voice cracked, "in anything anymore." And then he was silenced. Silenced by the feeling of Minho's lips against his, he moved in a gentle, calm manner. His lips were a bit rough and tasted like honey, and Jisung was more than addicted to the way it felt to be kissed by Minho.

Jisung kissed back feverishly, as though nothing even mattered anymore. Minho made it feel okay—okay to be sad, to get frustrated; he didn't care that Jisung was sick or adopted; he still cared for him.

Minho pulled back, holding Jisung's face gently in his hands. "Jisung, it's okay to cry."

His thumb caressed Jisung's cheekbone as he stared directly into his eyes. Minho looked so affectionately at him that Jisung wasn't sure if he could even begin to describe how much Minho meant to him.

"Just know that I love you."

Jisung couldn't hold himself back anymore as he crashed his lips against Minho's nails, digging into the firm muscles of the others biceps.

Minho loved him.

Minho loved him.

Minho loved him, and Jisung loved him back.

Minho's hands were all over his body, grasping at the strands of his hair, outlining the curves of his torso, and squeezing his waist. Everything felt so distorted, and Jisung's mind was hazy with pleasure. Minho was just so perfect, and the way he touched Jisung made him feel so warm and giddy.

Only once Minho's hands trailed a little too far down his back did Jisung pull away, chest heaving as he panted. He could see Minho touching his lips; the faint residue of his lipgloss had accidentally gotten smeared all over Minho's mouth.

Jisung couldn't help but giggle as he helped the other wipe it away. Minho's hands still stayed glued to him as he watched Jisung with such fondness that the other felt like he was going to explode.

"I love you more than anyone I've ever known." Minho spoke softly, a large smile on his face.

Jisung could feel his cheeks heating up, and before he knew it, he was crying again. This time, though, it was because he was so happy.

"C'mere, you big crybaby." Minho tugged Jisung forward and then wrapped his arms around the younger man's torso, giving him a nice, big hug. Jisung inhaled the scent of Minho, and he instantly knew everything would be alright, so long as he had Minho.

End of Chapter 24
⊱✧⊰

TBC c:authors note 3/3/24:second kiss?? guys please i've never written kiss scenes before so i hope it isn't awkward

TBC c:
authors note 3/3/24:
second kiss?? guys please i've never written kiss scenes before so i hope it isn't awkward...