nine.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

jake sim walked home that day with his head held high, even though his heart was pounding out of his chest with nerves. he just got his first job.

god, mom and dad would be livid, jake thought to himself.

his parents made one thing clear: focus on your future as a surgeon. in doing so, they bought him his apartment and supported his college tuition, only wanting the best for their son. jake was truly grateful, even if he wanted nothing to do with being a surgeon.

"having a roommate will cause distractions. having a job will keep you side tracked and you don't need money when we're supporting you," is what jakes mother had blabbed on about over the phone various times.

something in jake that day felt rebellious. it may sound stupid, but after being in the elevator, jake realized how precious life is and that tomorrow is never promised. how could he possibly go his whole life without the experience of a first college job?

walking into that restaurant was his best decision yet. with a bounce in his step, jake walked home smiling with the thought of starting work next week.

his grin slowly faded once he realized...he had nobody to tell. maybe he'd call jungwon and sunoo, his friends from class? it saddened him to think he couldn't call his parents and hear them say how proud they were of him. would he ever hear those words one day?

jake made it to the apartment building faster than expected; being in your own head can make you lose track of time, he supposed. the blonde entered the building, waving kindly at ni-ki's father behind the desk. he wonders if he ever would have known the doorman well enough if it hadn't been for the incident...

without thinking twice, jake takes the stairs. truthfully, he'd been avoiding the elevator these past couple days. he knew it was fixed now, but he couldn't find the courage in him to take it. the stairs were no problem. he could use some exercise anyways.

jake fiddled with the keys that unlocked his front door. he glanced behind him at the one belonging to his neighbor, pondering for a moment.

did heeseungie have a good day? would he care if i got my first job?

shrugging it off, jake entered his lonely home, ready for a shower and a music break.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

"i'm clocking off!" heeseung called to his manager who shot him a thumbs up in response.

work didn't go so horribly today much to heeseung's liking. things were finally getting back to a normal, where heeseung could fall back into his daily routines.

just like always, he takes off on his walk home in the evening, ready to meet up with his roommate and best friend, who was probably already cooking up something for dinner.