three.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

three minutes was starting to feel more like three centuries in lee heeseung's eyes. plus, three minutes of dead silence—minus the rapid breathing coming from jake—definitely didn't make time go by any quicker.

heeseung didn't move from his position on the elevator floor, in which his head was cupped in his hands, frustrated and exhausted.

in fact, he was so distracted and in his own head that he didn't notice how anxious the boy trapped in the elevator with him was becoming.

despite his cocky, carefree persona, jake sim was rather sensitive and (as his father would put it) a "crybaby" at times. truth be told, jake had always been an anxious kid. maybe that was partly why he was so adamant on following the path his parents laid out for him; he was too nervous not to...

but that's a whole other package to unbox.

back to the present, jake sim's eyes were darting around the elevator at the speed of light, hoping that perhaps some sort of hidden escape method would catch his eye. obviously, that wasn't working. however, he was slightly preoccupied now and didn't have to worry about the elevator plummeting him down to his death.

....okay, now he was terrified again.

"can you stop tapping your foot for, like, one second?!" lee heeseung suddenly shrieked, causing the latter to jump from the sudden outburst.

"i-i'm sorry, i didn't even realize—"

the stammering from the usually so laidback neighbor of his caught heeseung off-guard. for once during the whole whopping six minutes they had been stuck now, he actually took a moment to acknowledge his neighbor's present state.

to his surprise, the shorter boy was almost...trembling? one hand was gripped tightly onto his backpack string, so much so that his knuckles were whitening more by the second, and his other hand was grasping the railing bar that bordered the elevator walls. from the brightness of the ceiling light, heeseung could make out the glistening of jakes forehead, indicating he was starting to sweat.

lee heeseung, renowned genius, came to the remarkable conclusion that his neighbor, jake sim, was...: scared.

"are you scared?"

jake's eyes instantly met heeseung's, widening in embarrassment. his cheeks slightly reddened, but he quickly crossed his arms, leaning back slightly against the railing as if to show how calm and collected he was. "psh, me? no wa—"

the elevator kindly interrupted him with another short jolt. one of the highest-pitched squeals heeseung had ever heard erupted from the so-called "not scared" guy next to him. before heeseung could even react, a pair of arms had grabbed his left one, yanking it to the side as a trembling body clung onto it for dear life.