t.a. - rainy days

summary: a rainy weekend calls for a day inside, doing the absolute bare minimum.
genre: fluff
warnings: sexual undertones, but not smut.
reader pronouns: gender neutral
-
todd was scanning through his poetry books as you looked stirred the hot chocolate you'd made. neil had generously given you the dorm for the day since it was todd and your first month anniversary. the only reason you'd agreed to celebrate was because the guys and chris had encouraged it.

you had to admit though, you were more than happy to spend the entire day cuddled up against todd-the icing on the cake was the rain dripping down the window creating an ambience that both you and todd enjoyed. it was like everything had aligned perfectly.

todd crawled onto the bed, laying two different books on the nightstand. you mimicked him and sat the mugs beside the books and crawled up beside him, quickly placing a kiss on his cheek causing him to blush.

"do we have everything?"

he glanced around, double checking, "yeah, i think we're good."

the two of you both nuzzle into the covers and pull each other close. you could smell a soft scent of cologne, nothing that was too bold but just right to make him smell heavenly. before you could process much else, todd pulled you even closer, basically forcing you to place your head on his chest-not that you were complaining.

the only thing you could hear was the soft patter of rain hitting the window and todd's heartbeat, both giving you a sense of zen. he smiled at the sound of your soft breathing as you shuffled around, looking for comfort.

normally, he was very timid and shy regarding your relationship but over the past few weeks he had gotten quite comfortable-especially when it came to touching. he slowly rubbed his hand down your back, causing you to melt at his fingertips. eventually, his hand was placed firmly on you behind, and his other hand was gripping your thigh that you'd moved up onto his crotch.

it wasn't exactly normal for you to get this comfortable this quick, but again-neither of you were complaining.

"(y/n), can i tell you something?"

"obviously," you laugh.

"would it be too soon to say 'i love you'," you felt your heart do cartwheels in your chest.

"i don't think so..." you answered, attempting to remain calm.

"well then," he smiled, "i love you...a lot."

"i wish i could say the same..." you laughed again, "i'm kidding!" you moved up to straddling him instead, "i love you so much."

he smiled, but also began blushing at the sudden movement that placed you directly on top of him-and from that, you could tell the direction the rest of the day goes.