Nineteen: This Is What Jealousy Looks Like

"THAT WAS HOT

"THAT WAS HOT. You know that, right?"

Beau emphasized his words by cupping his erection through his pants as he walked to the bed.

I laughed softly. "What can I say? You bring it out of me."

He liked that answer. Satisfaction filled his expression as he eased back onto the bed, leaning on both palms behind him. Without moving, he watched as I leaned down and unbuttoned his pants. Lowered his zipper. Yanked his pants and boxers down. All he did to help me was lift his hips slightly. And before I was fully prepared, Beau was naked.

Holy crap. Oh god. Oh my god. That—that—

"Breathe, sweetheart," Beau said with a laugh. "Don't want you to pass out this early, do we?"

Had I forgotten to breathe? Yeah, I'd forgotten to breathe.

Sucking in, I raised my gaze to his face, finding him smiling at me.

"Just come here," he said softly. "Come here and kiss me."

I could do that. I could definitely do that.

__

Beau was pulling mugs out of the kitchen cabinets later that night when I cornered him. We hadn't really spoken since his competition, but his mood was back to being infectious and spirited. It had been a while since I'd seen him like this, and watching him in a good mood made me feel good, too. He placed second in his event, and he hadn't stopped smiling since.

"Apparently, I had no reason to be worried about you today," I said, sidling up next to him. Everyone else was on the couch in the living room, annoyingly cute as they cuddled with their other halves in front of the fire.

He grinned. "I did appreciate the concern, though."

Tiny prickles of anticipation danced beneath my skin as I asked my next question. "Where were you all afternoon?"

After Beau walked off earlier, I didn't see him again until shortly before dinner. Those four or five hours felt way longer than they should have.

Beau shifted over, filling a kettle with water before placing it on the stove. He shrugged. "Watching some of the other events with the team, cheered them on. Then we grabbed a drink at McCoy's, one of the bars on the slopes. Nothing too out of the ordinary."

I figured that was where he was, but for some reason, I'd assumed that I would have seen him more today. It was a lot of fun being with Nessa, Madie, and the guys, but it definitely felt...different when he wasn't with us, too.

"You were with the whole team?"

He frowned. "Yeah. Why?"

"Where are they all now?"