Chapter 57- Grief

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

Amara Calvetti

God, I love him so fucking much.

The tears don't stop running down my cheeks and I study his gorgeous face as he lets out a laugh.

"I can't say it too often. You are such an ugly crier."

I let out a playful gasp.

"You fucking asshole. You are lucky you have such a gorgeous wife so shut up." I huff out.

He pulls me towards him again and presses his mouth against mine. I realize I am in fucking heaven as our lips meet. Everything that matters is us.

Our not so perfect, perfect us.

But we move away from each other as my phone starts to ring in my pocket.

"No, don't answer it," He groans out.

"Adriano, it will only be a minute, ok?" I reply and roll my eyes at his eagerness.

Don't worry you are not the only one who can't wait till we celebrate our engagement like we should have done the last time.

This time everything will be different.

I pull my phone out and only look at it for a second before taking the call and holding it to my ear.

Francessca?

What the hell?

"Amara?" She croaks out.

My smile immediately fades.

Francessca?

"I swear- I swear. I didn't know that he would do this. I never thought he would find it out. I didn't- I didn't mean for this to happen. I am so fucking sorry. So sorry. I made a mistake and he found out. There- there was an attack on the entire family. They stormed into your parent's mansion. They- they killed your parents and everyone with them. And they blew up some of our buildings. I am- I am so sorry." She choke out and a thousand questions come to my mind but I am not able to form a single sentence.

The world stops.

"I can- They- they killed Vivian and Darius. They- they are all dead because of me. Your parents, all the guards, maids even the drivers. Everyone. Vivian and Darius are dead because of me." She cries out.

"What?" I choke out.

No.

They are not.

They are not dead.

They can't be.

No.

"I am so sorry." She whispers and then the phone goes dead.

And my heart follows.

"No. No. No." I cry out.

The only thing I can still realize is that Adriano is reaching out to me.

"What's wrong?" His voice slowly fades out.

Tears build in my eyes and then they fall.

They fall and they fall as every muscle in my body goes numb.

A crash on the floor.

Then I can feel my throat letting out a scream that describes my pain better than words could ever do.