45 - Soon

"So, you don't mind?" 

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Darling," my father sighs. "I can see it in your eyes how much you want to. How much you're in love with that boy. If you want to spend Christmas with them, we can."

Looking down, at my intertwined hands. "If you prefer for it to just be the two of us-"

"Sweetheart," he grabs at my hands, grazing them. "All I want is for you to have the best Christmas ever and be part of it. If it is with the Davis family, I don't mind." 

His kind smile reassures me but truth is that ever since Dean found me in the club, that night, I've been second-guessing every decision I make. Realistically, there's nothing he could do to harm me and Dylan.

We both have clean records so there's no way he could relate us to drugs. Other than that... I just can't see what he could do to break us apart or ruin Dylan's life as he said.

I will give you time to think, Luna. When my deadline ends, you'll have to decide between leaving him high and dry or having me destroy his life for good.

Can he? Will he? But how?

He can't. He's got nothing on us, nor me. My mum is in Rehab and according to my dad, she is making progress. Slow, but still progress. Even so, there's this nagging feeling in my gut that keeps me on my toes.

 "Do you think is too early? We've only known each other for four months only, not to mention  we've dated for even less than that..."

"Do you doubt about what you feel for him?" He asks with an expressionless face.

"What? Of course not!" 

"Do you doubt what he feels for you?" 

"No," I answer quickly.

Because it's true. I don't doubt Dylan's feelings or intentions, at all.

It's still weird for me, to be with someone so transparent, so open and caring. But it leaves no room for discussion or doubts about feelings. We might have not spoken those three little dreadful words yet. But it's visible in the way we act or talk to each other.

His eyes are soft when his hand tenderly caresses my face, "Then why question what you do if you don't doubt how you feel? If what you do it's out of love, then it's the right thing to do." 

Who would have thought that I'd be here, confiding in my dad like he was some close friend of mine after blaming him and hating him for so long?

My arms stretch, unannounced, and wrap around his neck in a tight hug. My father's body stills for a moment before he too envelops me in his hold. Hugs with dad were always the best. Calming and left me feeling protected - it seems to not have changed. Even if all of these years have kept us away.