21

It was now the day before New Years Eve and Anna hadn't a plan in the world on what she was gonna do to ring in the New Year. She's probably just end up watching a movie with a glass of wine.

A knock on the door came and she left her half made tea in the kitchen before walking out to the front hall to see who it was.

"Hey Max." Anna said with a smile as she opened the door.

"What's your plans for New Years?" Max wondered as he walked passed her and into her apartment.

"Hello to you too." Anna joked as she closed the door and followed him into her kitchen.

He walked over to her refrigerator and opened it before taking a flavoured bottle of water from inside. He opened it and took a drink.

"Well?" The Red Bull driver asked looking at her.

"Well what?" Anna questioned leaning her elbows on the kitchen island.

"What are your New Years plans?" Max repeated the question.

"Absolutely nothing." The brown haired girl shook her head in reply.

"Good. Pack your bags. We're going home." Max said simply catching Anna off guard.

"We're what?" Anna asked in reply standing up and looking over at her best friend.

"We're going home for New Years." Max repeated with a smile on his face.

"Oh my god. Are yous serious?" Anna wondered as she made her way around her kitchen island until they were both stood on the same side.

"Yep." The Red Bull driver nodded in reply.

"Oh my god. Thank you." Anna said pulling him into a hug.

Besides being back in the Netherlands during the weekend of the Dutch Grand Prix, it had been well over a year since either of them had been back in their home country.

"Now hurry up and pack. We leaving in two hours." Max told her pushing her towards her bedroom

—————

The joys of a private plane was flying whenever you felt like it which was a luxury Max Verstappen enjoyed.

The pair arrived in Amsterdam airport at about 5pm on the day before New Years Eve. The got there stuff and took an Uber to Finn's house where they would be staying for the next few days

Unfortunately, Anna's parents had decided to head to Paris for the New Year so she wouldn't be seeing them during her trip back home.

They arrived at Finn's house and there was a couple of cars parked in the driveway that Anna knew belonged to their other friends.

"Home sweet home." Anna shouted as they let themselves inside Finn's house.

"This is not your house." Finn called back from inside the living room.

The pair left their stuff at the bottom of the stairs before heading further into the house where everyone was laid around the living room watching day time tv while scrolling through their phones.