TWENTY-NINE

Chapter 29
Nyx's POV

Deciding on giving him some time to cool off as a right, I manage to distract myself by cleaning the glassy mess he made and just by that I somehow got caught in other time consuming chores. Without even noticing it the clock hit 5pm and by then I was packing his belongings. Then by 6:20 I was done with everything yet the man did not return.

Surprisingly, I found myself putting on a shirt he had worn yesterday, the one with a strong scent. I'm currently lost in the kitchen eating once again since my appetite is strong until voices distract me. From where I'm seated I can hear footsteps approaching, four people are heading towards the direction of this house. Soon enough I hear faint knocks on the door and when I open four faces I recognise as Kai's high guards both stand in their towering might. "Alpha." They both said respectfully with a nod. I nod back, urging them to state their purpose. I hope it's not what I'm thinking, "The King has sent us to collect his belongings. If we could have a few minutes to do so then we'll be out of you neck." To say I was baffled would be an understatement. It wasn't fair that I felt betrayed but it also wasn't fair that this is happening, everything is scarily so out of my control in such a way that I thought he'd sympathise rather than avoid me. I fully take accountability for what I did but I'm more of a victim than anything in this given situation, if I had some sort of hand in this, I would've been single at first glance with my fated mate. I stand frozen while thoughts visit my mind but the one that hits the nerve tauntingly screams, Maybe you don't realise the extent of your actions. The damage you've  caused. I hold the door for balance feeling as if I'll pass out or the food in my stomach will come out. "Alpha?"

"W-, w-well, I've already packed everything." I squint, fighting more tears once again. I'm a wreck at this point.

"Perfect then."

I watch them take everything and once they're outside I pause, about to ask the question I'm sure they know was on the way, "Where is he?" My voice is lower than usual. Constantly fighting the urge to kill someone or getting violent. I'm an adult I chant to myself.

"Lun- alpha." The guard coughs to rectify his mistake. Luna... I was almost his queen, now I'm nothing. Just a mere memory which is to pass with time. "The King said not to disclose h-"

"Please... I need to see him, I won't cause any ruckus." I speak so timidly with my siren enhanced voice. In his pack I have been rumoured to be possessive over him, the tension between Kai and I must have not gone unnoticed by his people. Soon enough I convince them to let me go with them. The entire trip they were so wary, looking back at me in the car as I grabbed onto one of his shirt I stole with his prominent scent. "I'll be good." I tell them reassuringly as the castle comes in view. But I know that's not true. If anything of a challenge threatens me I'm sure I'll shift. Only because I have not done so in such a long period and to me it's a primal need. "Please... Tell him you threatened us. We can't bear to lose this job. It's either a legacy to us or means to support our families." I nod as a response, acknowledging their words.

Arriving at the palace where I was previously staying in I was first to exit the car, watching them take his luggage from the car then walking inside with them. I follow silently, as soon as we're at the door the one I know as Jason halts his steps and says, "He's having lunch with the other master my lady. We leave in twenty minutes." I nod. Thanking him for his kindness.

Twenty minutes I repeat in my head heading to the direction of his strong smell. I walk towards it, the guards eying me as I'm dressed in nothing but his still oversized dress shirt. As his scent gets stronger my footsteps become slower, my heart continues thumping against my rib cage. I heave a sigh before knocking on the big doors without even much of a thought. I know he knows it's me by my scent. I just hope-