Chapter 19: Get It Together

I grabbed a satchel from the hospital, and I started packing up all of my things. A millions things were running through my mind. Is she hurt? What do they want from her? Can I possibly do this alone? I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice when Zacael entered the room and he scared me half to death when I turned around he was right behind me. "Geese! Give me warning would you." I said, and I shoved around him to get to the rest of my things. "You shouldn't go." he said, and I paused and stared him right in the eyes, "Did your brother ask you to come and talk me out of it?" I asked. I was in no mood to dance around the subject. He looked away and took a deep breath, "Yes" he said, and I rolled my eyes and turned back around to packing, "Where you the one who also told him about me going to see Allister and Aditi?" I asked, and he looked shocked, "Of course not!" he said, and I let out a huff, "I am going regardless of what you have to say. She is my mother, and nothing is going to stop me." I said, and I could feel his eyes staring at the back of my head. "My brother asked me to come and talk you out of it. That doesn't mean that's what I'm going to do." he said, and I spun around to him, "Then why are you here?" I asked, "To help you." he said, and I was surprised by his offer, "You want to help me?" I asked, and he nodded, "There is no way you are going to get out of a castle my brother doesn't want you out of, without my help." he said, and I studied him. I let out a long breath. If he was willing to help me, should I let him? I knew I couldn't do it on my own, and he might be my only help. Will this create even more tension between the king and me? "Fine" I said to him, and he grinned a wild grin. I had no idea what I was going to do, but now I had a partner. "I suggest you go pack your things because I am leaving as soon as I possibly can." I said, and he nodded as he left my room. I couldn't help but smile a tiny smile at his determined look. I threw all of the elfish clothes into my bag, and I realized that the one pair of normal clothes I had were totally destroyed, and Zacael had no normal clothes. I threw the satchel with all of my things over my shoulder and was about to leave the room when Kase walked in. He was surprised to see me with a packed bag, and I could see his mind processing. "Where are you going?" he asked, and I shifted my feet, "My mother has gone missing." I said, and he raised an eye brow, "And you think you can save her all by yourself?" he asked in an annoyed tone, and I looked at him in an irritated way. "Zacael is coming with me." I said, "You mean that strange elfish dude? No way." he said and I tried to step around him. "Let me come with you." he said, and I paused, "No" I said, and he looked hurt. "But you're going to let Zacael come with you?" he asked, and in that moment I saw something flash across his eyes that I had never seen before. It wasn't friendly or good. It instantly reminded me of the horrific dream I had a week ago. I step back from him in a sudden burst of fear, and he gave me an odd look. "You look like you just saw a ghost." he said, and I rubbed my eyes, "Kase, I don't have time for this. I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me. Zacael can help me." I said, and he looked truly hurt, "You don't think I can help you?" he asked, and I let out an annoyed grunt, "No, I think you are amazing at helping me, but I don't want you to get hurt." I said, and a determined look came into his eyes, "I am coming with you, Esme. End of story." he said, and I was suddenly out of patience, I stared at him in an intense and fierce way, "I am not going to let you get yourself killed protecting me. You don't get to tell me what I can and can't to, Kase. This is something I am doing, and I don't want you to come." I said, and I saw the determination melt away in his eyes and anger replace it, "So you expect me to let you walk off to your death?" he asked, and I got real serious and real close, "Yes" I said, and I shoved past him. I didn't wait for him to react. I took off running down the hall. I was going to save me mother. I was not going to let anyone hurt her.

I easily found Zacael. He was at the beautiful tree where we first met. "What's wrong?" he asked as I walked up, and I tried to cover the emotion I constantly wore on my face, "What? Nothing." I said, and he raised an eye brow, "Yeah right." he said, and I gave him an irritated look, "I don't feel like sharing." I said, and he shrugged, "Whatever. You are entitled to your secrets." he said, and I was very grateful for him not pushing the subject. I suddenly remembered something, "Wait, we don't have any mortal clothes." I said, and he smiled, "Oh yes we do." he said, and I followed him through the maze like castle. He stopped at a set of double doors, "We have a stash of clothes from both realm just in case." he said, and I grinned at him, "Wow" I mumbled as he opened the doors to reveal a room with rows of different styles of clothes. He led me to the very back of the room where there was a long row of different clothes. I found a pair of dark jeans, a white shirt, and a black leather jacket that I threw on. I also put on my boots that I still had from my escape form the academy. I looked like an average American teenager again. I found Zacael, and he had changed into jeans, and a black shirt. He looked handsome in normal clothes, and tried to push that though from my brain. I suddenly heard the door slam open and Reael ranted into the room. I stepped away from her angry look, "What do you think you're doing?" she asked, and then she glared at Zacael, "You two are not going without me." she said and I raised an eye brow, "why would you possibly want to come?" I asked, and she looked surprised, "Esmeray, we are blood sisters... we don't let each other go into danger without helping the other." she said, and I gave her a small smile. Reael was the most loyal friend I had ever had, and I had no reason not to let her tag along. We started out of the room, and then I remembered something, "What about your pointed ears." I said, "Don't worry about it, only people who are part of this realm can see them... and if we see people form another realm it isn't really going to matter." Reael said, and I nodded. That was convenient I thought to myself.