05| WHERE LOVE RESIDES.

Maharaj Vihaan sends his greetings," the herald said, "If you, Maharaj Aagneya, accept your crime and surrender, this war will not commence."

Aagneya's face left colours. Not the thought of war but at the name of the boy whose father he ruthlessly murdered. The thought tensed up his nerves. Vikram saw his father's face go pale and knew it was something Chaya did. As far as he knew Aagneya did nothing that would pull strings to a war. His hope that his mother would change diminished by a moment after another. The herald still stood there waiting for his answer.

"Tell your king, we won't back down," Aagneya told to the messenger and sent him off on his hooves.

Vihaan's lips drew into a thin smirk. It's like he wanted Aagneya not to back down. It's like he wanted his sword bloody.

"Vihaan, give this a thought again, this is unnecessary." Rihit attempted to call Vihaan back but Vihaan had his head straight at the battlefield. He wanted revenge, for what?
. . . .

Aradhya begged, "let me go, please. I can face them off too."

Amar, however, cupped her face and looked into her eyes, which to Aradhya, seemed very caring. "Stay back Aradhya, I won't let you into the war. I can't risk getting you hurt"

Though all Amar did was underestimate Aradhya's potential, Aradhya blindly saw his words as care, affection. Amar dropped his hands and drew his sword out. He shot a last to look at Aradhya and hurried into the midst of the armies.
. . . .

Vihaan drew his sword out and raised it high.

"Jai Chandraghanta"

The whole army behind him shouted the same before charging off into the battlefield.

Vikram raised his sword on this side while his kin shouted, "Jai Govind"

The two armies raced and collided with unbelievable strength and shouts. Vihaan had his eyes fixed on Aagneya. He effectively turned his horse to the king he wanted to slay and lunged at him.

He swung his sword at Aagneya and just in time, Aagneya deflected the strike. The force made him hit the ground. Vihaan smirked at him and jumped off of his horse too.

"Let's have it fair, shall we?"

Vihaan swung at Aagneya again. Aagneya dodged the attack not comprehending what to do with his sharp assaults. He pulled his sword back and aimed at Vihaan's gut. Just when he was to make the stab, Vihaan flung out of the way and made a very significant cut on Aagneya's side.

Blood oozed out of the open wound while Aagneya winced. He got up again. A strike hit him again. Vihaan's foot met with Aagneya's chest and knocked him to the ground.

"So, Maharaj, shall we end this or would you like to continue?" Vihaan asked, grazing his sword closer to Aagneya's throat.

A quick movement from an able sword pushed Vihaan's away. Vihaan staggered back. Vikram stood there with his eyes having flames and his brows drew close together.

"I think, my father would like a substitution." Vikram groaned and jumped up at Vihaan.

The two clashed their swords with all their tacts and yet Vihaan found Vikram to be a really strong warrior. He could barely parry his strike. He could barely miss having his throat slit. He wondered how a person with lesser experience in war have such strength.

Vikram blew an attack on another implementing everything Aradhya ever taught him. Implementing the tricks he used to lose to.

Vihaan deflected a strike of Vikram but Vikram effectively carried that to slice Vihaan right under his collarbone. Vihaan grunt in pain and saw Vikram's smile grow. More evilly.