{15} A-Cheng! Shijie!

Author's notes at the end

Comments and votes are highly appreciated
~~
2 months later,

Several boats filled with Jiang disciples are moving across the calm water of the Lotus Lake, gliding smoothly with the gentle tide which an impact from the small, minor wind.

The air in Yunmeng is slightly colder but not as cold as Gusu.

Jiang Wanyin, along with the disciples of Jiang who just returned from the lecture in Cloud Recesses are occupying boats that are going to the Lotus Pier.

As the boat approaches the dock, Jiang Wanyin sees the familiar Jiang Yanli, his A-Jie. His sister is bringing containers in one of her hands.

He waves to his sister enthusiastically.

"A-Jie!"

Jiang Yanli waves back at his brother with the other unoccupied hand.

"A-Cheng! Welcome back!"

When the boats are leaning on the pier and tied up securely, Jiang Wanyin steps out of the boat and runs to his sister.

Jiang Yanli opens her arms, inviting her youngest brother to hug her.

Jiang Wanyin hugs her, tightly and carefully so the containers filled with steamed buns and lotus root and pork rib soup don't fall from JieJie's left hand.

When he unwraps himself from his Jie's hug, he notices that the mischievous Head Disciple with a boisterous laugh is absent.

"Jie, where is that Wei Wuxian?"

"A-Xian has a new task from A-Niang 2 months before. Jiejie believes he will be here any moment"

"Is it a night hunt? Is he here already?"

The answer to that question is running to both Jiang siblings.

"A-Cheng! Shijie!"

Wei Wuxian slings his arm on Jiang Wanyin's shoulder.

"Cheng-Cheng is back!"

"Who's your Cheng-Cheng!!"

Before Wei Wuxian retort the banter, Jiang Yanli stop both of them from fighting.

"A-Xian, A-Cheng just got home from Cloud Recesses. A-Cheng, do you want some soup after you tell A-Niang and A-Die that you've arrived back home?"

"Of course, A-Jie! Who can refuse Jie's delicious lotus root and pork rib soup??"

Wei Wuxian lower down his voice until only Jiang Wanyin was able to hear him.

"The golden pompous, arrogant peacock doesn't"

Jiang Wanyin angrily-whisper back

"Of course, it must be that peacock!"

Jiang Yanli shakes her head fondly. Even though Wei Wuxian and Jiang Wanyin think that their whispers can't be heard, Jiang Yanli can only giggle at their attitude towards his ex-betrothed.

"How was it in Cloud Recesses, A-Cheng?"

"Jie! You wouldn't believe it! The pea- I mean Jin Zixuan said he feels guilty and wrong telling those stupid bullshits about you, Jie! Must be Jin-Furen reprimand her son to apologize to A-Jie"

"A-Cheng, language"

"Sorry, Jie."

"Really, Jiang Cheng? Is there any hot spicy gossips after I left the Cloud Recesses?"

"Nothing much. The only gossip is the Sun sect is growing in power and flying rumours on how the sect is greedy and speculations."

"What about Nie-Xiong? Has his Da-Ge made him run the whole mountain 10 times for his tests with 'flying colours?"