thunder (requested)

"Jungkook? Where are you?" You mumbled as you sat back against the pillows in bed, wishing that your boyfriend was by your side as the terrible storm hit.

He said he'd be home by now when he first walked out the door this morning.

You usually wouldn't be so anxious about him getting home but you don't handle storms very well and especially not the thunder.

It almost makes you jump out of your skin every time it hits.

Jungkook is aware of this and he always brings you comfort whenever a storm rages on.

He tries to always hold you in his arms and remind you that you're safe, always willing to try and do whatever it is that he can to ease your worries and fears.

But he's not here right now.

He's busy in the studio and every time you try and call him, it goes straight to voicemail.

You've tried to get ahold of the boys, just to see if your boyfriend is doing fine and if he's headed home yet, but they must be busy since every time you call all it does is ring.

You're dressed in Jungkook's hoodie and bundled up under the covers for comfort.

Every time a clap of thunder hits, you hide under them and try to get through it on your own, but it's just not easy to do without him by your side.

You were pulled out of your thoughts as the lightning struck outside the window, lighting up the otherwise pitch-black sky, and a clap of thunder followed.

It was so loud and forceful that it shook the house a little.

You pulled the covers over your head and checked your phone to see if you'd gotten anything from Jungkook, but there was still nothing.

The rain picked up even more than it already was and you trembled from the fear you felt over the loud storm.

You squeezed your eyes shut and tried to muddle through without Jungkook, attempting to distract yourself with your phone.

But it was no help. You couldn't focus.

Suddenly, you heard what sounded like the front door opening and slamming shut before you heard loud and rushed footsteps on the stairs.

"Y/N?" Jungkook spoke as he walked into the room, watching as you pulled the covers off of your head and he couldn't help but chuckle quietly over your messy hair.

He hurried over to you and laid down beside you.

"I'm sorry I'm home a little later than expected. I tried to get home to you as quickly but as safely as I could." He said as you threw your arms around him, breathing out a sigh of relief against his neck.

He felt you relax against him and he felt a little relief himself.

"It's okay." You said against his soft skin. "I'm just happy that you're home."

You pulled away from his neck and he smiled at you, his fingers brushing through your messy hair.

"I tried calling you. I got a little worried about you and, of course, I got scared of the thunder."

"My phone died just a few minutes before I left the studio. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I understand." You said and closed your eyes as he kissed your forehead lingeringly.

But the sound of the thunder made you jump yet again.

Your eyes flew open, your body tensing once more in his embrace.

You looked toward the window, a small gasp falling from your lips as it clapped right after.

"Shh." He whispered as he slipped his hand beneath his shirt that you had on, his fingertips brushing across your spine. "It's okay. I'm here with you now. Don't worry about the thunder, you just focus on me."

You turned back to look at him once more and he put his lips on yours for a short kiss.

"I know you're scared but you know you have absolutely no reason to be afraid when I'm here with you. Nothing is going to happen to you. It's just a storm. Remember that it's outside and we're here inside together, safe and sound from it all."

You took a deep breath and nodded as you exhaled shakily.

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me. Just focus on me. I've got you now."

You put your head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. He quietly sang to you, the lyrics of your favorite songs falling from his lips as he brought you comfort with his soft and beautiful voice.

And he made it even better by playing with your hair and rubbing his fingertips along your arms, knowing his touch always soothes you.

"I love you." You spoke, your lips brushing against his neck as you clutched his hoodie in your hands and closed your eyes, completely relaxed and warm in his embrace.

"I love you more." He said with a smile on his face, happy to keep you this close and this content all night.