55 | mohabbat

❝Naaz-o-Andaaz se kehtay hai kay jeena hoga,Zeher detay hai toh kehtay hai kay peena hoga,Jab main peeta hun toh kehtay hai kay marta bhi nahi,Jab main marta hun toh kehtay hai kay jeena hoga

Naaz-o-Andaaz se kehtay hai kay jeena hoga,
Zeher detay hai toh kehtay hai kay peena hoga,
Jab main peeta hun toh kehtay hai kay marta bhi nahi,
Jab main marta hun toh kehtay hai kay jeena hoga.

Laila wrapped her arm around his waist, her brows knitted at the small steps he was taking. She was about to take him to one of the spare rooms, but he insisted like a petulant child to go to his room. Definitely hit his head. She rolled her eyes. Motion sensors had turned on a few dim lights, but the rest of the place was shrouded in lonely darkness.

"Have you even been here since I left?" She grimaced at the dust and messed up cushions on the couch. He shrugged. "Cleaners?" Shaking his head he continued with his struggle to go up the stairs.

"I didn't want anyone here except you." Laila rolled her eyes again at him as he narrowed his back at her.

"Now who has to clean the entire place? Can't even make you do it because of all this." She mumbled under her breath as they reached his room.

She carefully helped him settle on the bed. She was also drowsy. The night had been tiring and exhausting. His eyes followed her around the room as she got the pillows to put under his sprained ankle to elevate and then pulled a clean blanket on him. Her hand hesitated when she tucked the blanket around him, holding it a few seconds too long because she didn't know what to do next. To leave him here and go back to her room or give in to the warmth she had been craving by lying next to him. She took a long breath before letting go of the blanket.

"Stay." His cold fingers wrapped around her wrist. Laila's shoulders sagged a little as if the burden of the entire world had fallen off of them. Her lungs stretched and the air reached her fully. Sitting on the edge of the bed she let out a quiet breath, finally looking at him with nothing but calm and tired eyes. Those red rimmed eyes stared back at her. After so long there was nothing in between them except just the two of them and it was surreal to be just there with him. She raised her other hand and touched the hair falling on his forehead. Pushing back the unruly hair, she traced the scratches and bruises on his forehead with a feathery touch.

"I'm so thankful to Allah that nothing happened to you." She leaned forehead, pressing her forehead gently on his, she closed her eyes.

"Stay with me." Letting go of her hand, he traced the length of her arm to her shoulder, up the crook of her neck and wrapped it softly around the back of her neck to hold her there. She nodded but stayed there for a while until he let go of her and moved a little to make space for her.

Letting go of all her inhibitions, Laila slipped into the warm blanket against the right side of his body, putting her head on his shoulder, she breathed the scent of the shirt he had changed into in the car. Cigarettes and his cologne. She never in her life thought she'd be so thankful she could sniff these again. Coiling his arm around her he pulled her closer, plastering her against him, resting his hand on her waist, he bent to the right a little and kissed the top of her head. She put her hand on his heart and finally let go of all the tiredness as she slept soundlessly in his arms without any shadow looming over them.