Chapter 13

After a very silent lunch, where Moriarty tried to make conversation with me and I answered him in monosyllables, he left for his job of "consulting criminal" and I had only Moran's company.
-So, you want me to show you the whole Manor or are we just staying here?- he asked after ten minutes of silence.
-Yeah, it sounds better than staying here doing nothing.- I shrugged.
He showed me every room, from the biggest room to the smallest.
Literally everything, excluding Moriarty's office and bedroom, of course.
"I'm seriously gonna get lost here." I thought, trying to memorise every corridor and room.
-And last but not least the piano's room.- he said, opening the door.
It was a fairly big room with a beautiful piano.
Seeing this some memories came to my mind.
Sherlock playing the violin, me playing the piano and Mycroft, bursting in the room, yelling at us for disturbing his studies.
I smiled involuntarily.
-Can...can I play it for a bit?- I asked, approaching it.
-Sure, if you know how to play it.- he shrugged.
-Moriarty would be okay with it? I don't want to do something to make him mad.- I said, looking around.
-No, don't worry. Boss wouldn't mind.- he smiled.
-If you say so.- I gave him a half smile.
I stretched my hands and I sat in front of the instrument.
I started to play, almost in a mechanical way, the "Dance of the sugar plum fairies".
I knew that melody by heart.
My fingers touched the cold piano keys softly, almost scared to break or damage them.
The music filled the whole room.
When I finished, I smiled at myself, pleased that I remembered that after a lot of years that I didn't practicing.
-That was...amazing.- Sebastian said, clapping his hands.
-Thanks, but it's nothing too complicated.- I blushed a little -Actually it's the first time I've played in a long time. I wasn't even sure I remember all the melody.- I said.
And that moment my phone rang.

XXX-XXX-XXX
👏👏👏
That was fantastic, dear.
I'm serious.
You enchanted me for a moment.
J.M.

Thanks.

I'll come back in a couple of hours, then we'll go and eat out.
So go and get ready, my dear.
Wear a dress or a suit, whatever you feel comfortable in.
Just be elegant.
J.M.

Alright.

I turned off my phone and Sebastian looked at me.
-Looks like you've got a plan this evening.- he said, as we left the room.
-Yeah...but like...is he always watching and listening to us?- I asked, looking for some hidden cameras.
-I guess he is, yeah.- he nodded.
-Oh, amazing.- I said ironically, sighing.
-I think it's better if I take you to your room and you start to get ready for dinner with Boss.- he proposed.
-Yeah, I guess I have to.- I shrugged.
-Anyway...- he said when we reached the door of my room -If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. I know that right now you don't trust us and I totally understand you. But if you need someone you know where my door is.- he smiled -I mean it. Whenever you want. Even at three in the morning.-
-Thank you, Sebastian. I really appreciate it.- I smiled back at him -Isn't it the third door on the second floor?- I asked.
-It is, yeah.- he nodded -By the way, I know that Boss can be...harsh sometimes, but he doesn't want to hurt you. Trust me, he just...he is...a little difficult, let's say.- he said -Enough talking, I'm gonna go, so you can get ready.- he said -For any problem, just call me.- he said, handing me a piece of paper.
-Thanks.- I smiled and then he went away.
"Alright, let's get ready, y/n." I thought.
I walked to the bathroom and took off my clothes.
I entered the shower and turned on the water.
A jet of hot water hit my back and I sighed in relief, rinsing my hair.
I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a big and comfy towel.
I put on an oversize t-shirt for the moment, while I dried my hair and I decided to leave them wavy and curly, as Sherlock's.
Looking at the drawer of the bathroom I found a little note that I didn't notice before.

"If you need it, here there is some makeup, but I don't think you need it, because you're already beautiful, my dear.
;)

J.M."

"He can't be serious." I smiled involuntarily and looked at what he had bought me.
There were mascara, eyeliner, foundation, concealer, blush, some lipsticks and glosses.
"He really likes to spend money on me." I thought.
I put on some mascara, eyeliner, a bit of blush and some gloss, don't wanting to risk too much.
When I was completely ready, I went back to the room to pick out a dress.
After twenty minutes of indecision, I decided to send a message to Sebastian to ask for his help and advice.
Luckily, he arrived after a moment.
-I read your message. Need help with what?- he asked.
-I can't decide what to wear. I don't want to be too much.- I said, opening the wardrobe.
-Alright. Let's see what you got here.- he said, as I took some dressed out, so he could see them.
After another twenty minutes, we had arrived at the conclusion that the best choice was a black tight sheath dress, that reached my mid-tight, with a fairly noticeable low-cut, which sleeves were wide and reached my elbows, combined with a pair of red heels, the Westwood black coat and a little red handbag.
-What do you think?- I asked, looking at myself in the mirror.
-I think you look great, honestly.- he said, looking at me head to toe.
-Thank you.- I smiled and, at that moment, my phone rang.

XXX-XXX-XXX
I arrived right now.
Are you ready?
J.M.

Yeah, coming.

-You didn't even save his number?- Sebastian asked, looking at my screen.
-Should I?- I asked, going downstairs.
-Yeah, you should.- he said -He could get mad if he knew.-
-Alright, I'm gonna save it right now.- I said tapping on the phone.
I saved him simply as Jim Moriarty.
When we reached the entry door, I saw him, standing there in his black suit.
-Good evening, my dear.- he said kissing the back of my hand -You look absolutely stunning.-
-Thank you.- I said, feeling my cheeks burn.
-We should go now. We'll see you later Seb.- Moriarty said.
-Bye Sebastian.- I said, waving at him.
-Bye Boss. Bye y/n.- he said as me and Moriarty sat in the car.