Instincts

My bad for not posting in ages. Imma be honest, I don't really have a reason I am just getting stupidly lazy-

We all know that America has been through plenty of shit. He's practically seen all of it. Wars, eras, assassinations, death, life. Everything. So much to the fact that nothing can really surprise him anymore, and nothing can truly scare him either. However, just because he doesn't get surprised or sacred doesn't mean that he doesn't react to potential threats in a perhaps... unhealthy way. Over the centuries he's unknowingly built a heavy reflex system, one that has saved his life much more than just a few times. Alfred has become his own body guard, one that defends him from everything. It's also one of the reasons the unspoken rule of "Never surprise America" was created. And believe me when I say that everyone follows that rule. It's in the 'for your physical and mental safety' section. But this rule didn't come in until quite late, as no one had known of it, well, that was of course until they experienced it. And who else was to experience it then our dear old Russia?

It was one of the world meetings when it first happened. Alfred had woken up on that morning after a specifically gruesome nightmare, one that sent of small alarms the whole day. He was constantly checking left and right, infront and behind and down and above all morning as if something was going to attach him at any moment. His paranoia didn't go unnoticed by anyone when he had arrived. Heck he was hardly paying attention to anything, courtesy to the fact he had walked into the table twice already. Though they just shrugged it off as the usual lack of sleep from the American. Well all except the smart ones who were now huddling in the corner further away from Alfred.

"We all saw that correct?"
The Canadian was the first to speak.
"Dá, no doubt, our comrade may be planning za death of someone already,"
Russia was the second to drop into the conversation, eyeing the American. If you looked close enough you could almost see somewhat of a glint of a smile.
"Va, I agree, whether it iz planned or not, someone will ve dying, even ma awesome self cannot stop this,"
You could easily see the nervous sweat dripping from the Prussian. While the three conversed, Italy and Romano stood to the side in a confused manor. The two knew a far amount about Alfred but never had they heard of this before.
"Ah, my á apologies Mr á Canada, but what à you talking about?"
Canada turned to the countries realizing that both of them probably had yet to encounter the defensive wrath of his brother.
"Oh, uhm well you see-"
"Spit it out already would ya?"
All that was returned was a deadpan face
"Well if you would let me speak than you would now know that Alfred can sometimes get a little skittish, and that when that happens he more or less becomes a danger to society,"
Explained the Canadian using the best words he could find
"Da, like usual..."
*bonk*
Russia's hand rushed to his head trying to soothe it from being so brutally hit.
"Either way it would probably be best for your physical and mental well being to try and stay at least 10 meters way from him and whatever you do, don't surprise or shout at him-"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING YOU BLOODY BRAT!?"
*slap*
*bonk*
*bash*
*slam*

It all happened to fast for anyone to comprehend. While the group were to busy conversing about their most likely deaths, England had approached the American and started bantering at him in his usual loud voice. Alfred however had not been paying attention and had simply acted on instincts. Instincts that had caused him to throw Arthur onto the table snapping it in half. Said man was now sprawled on the floor clutching his ribs in an attempt to halt the pain while Alfred simply stared at him in shock.

"I think you broke my bloody back you git..."

Hope this is okay :]
Word Count: 704 words