Conflicted | Vincent Sinclair

Fandom: House Of Wax

- The reader wants to run away, but there's just one thing that stops her. (She's conflicted, hence, the title )

A/N:

Thoughts are in italics and quotations // ' Example,'

Flashback are all in just Italics

Word Count :1407

Conflicted

He'd underestimated her, unaware that beneath the softness that lay beneath the (s/c ) flesh was well-hidden strength that was both raged and brute.

She was quick in movement, and if it weren't for the annoying pain that pushed him back every time she delivered a strike, he might have watched in more wonder and surprise.

The massive man was then put down, somehow landing on his back as he was given a slingshotted fist to his right cheek.

It had been her last blow before she decided to flee, but during then, his hand caught her wrist, which ended with him pulling her, forcing her to stay while restrained by an iron grip that shook.

It was an angered force, one she shuttered at, because she was certain that it was brought forth by his intent to kill.

The thickened air of the room became suffocating as the bursting adrenaline that had fueled her to take action no longer ran through her threads of scarlet. It all left her at the unfortunate moment, and she was left like a devastated rabbit, knowing of its demise and terribly afraid, but left motionless in wait.

However, in spite of the devastating hold, there was no violence that fueled him, but rather, fear.

She was strong, he'd give her that, but nothing hurt more than the panging in his chest as he realized that no matter what he did, she would never want to stay.

- Not with him.

Not with a hideous monster who hid behind a crafted mask that now crumbled like brittle, decayed leaves of the autumn season within a closing palm.

' Don't go.

Don't go

Please...don't go. '

He lamented, all while lingering in the same silence he had all his life.

He held onto her tightly and as he expected, she thrashed.

She continued to resist against him, but rather than hold the same certainty that had surged her before, there was now a clear as day panic and fear that drove her, forcing her to move like an animal dragged into imprisonment.

And throughout the entire struggle, he could see the fear that swirled within her pretty (e/c) colored eyes before the sentiment manifested into heavy globs that rained upon him.

He suddenly felt the tiny specs touch his flesh, and it was only then that he realized that the blank mask was no longer, becoming just a mess of pieces that decorated his knotted, crow-colored hair as it lay sprawled beneath him.

- And his heart stilled, his body shivering as he watched her face register his disfigurement.

He watched her wide, panicked eyes somehow open up more, all to a point he was certain it must have hurt.

" You..." she breathed as her body suddenly melted, soon becoming subdued and weak, and he wasn't sure what she felt most, whether fear or disgust as she processed the sight, because the wide-eyed gaze held a range of emotions that all merged together into a muddled blend.