18: so friends

I got up and got dressed (again)

then headed to the spot JJ said to meet up at

"Hey J"

"Oh wow hey Sum"

"Hey again J"

"Hey" JJ says "you um look great"

"You do too" I say "so what do you want to talk about"

"I just want to say sorry for everything I said this morning and that I didn't mean it"

"I'm sorry too J" I say while hugging him

"So friends"

"Yeah um friends"

Those words hurt me so much maybe JJ doesn't like me and maybe it will never happen,

"So Summer want to surf"

"Of course"

I take off my dress to reveal a bathing suit

then I run into the water while JJ is following me

"HEY J IM GONNA CATCH A BIGGER WAVE"

"ARE YOU SURE"

"YEP"

It seemed like surfing calmed me down and it also calmed JJ down another way were alike that's probably why he wants us to stay friends.

Good things never happen to me first my dad dies and then my mom takes her pain out on me, then I have to move away at the age of 6 and leave my best friend then someone I love actually steps in my life then he leaves then you know I get raped and to wrap it all up the guy I like that you know I thought actually liked me doesn't so my life is just full of shit.

"Hey Sum you ok"

"Yeah um just you know zoned out"

"Um ok"

Then it just all goes back to silence.

After a while I guess JJ only saw it but there was a HUGE wave.

"HEY SUMMER WATCH OUT"

Before I could respond a huge wave knocks me off my board and pushes me under water. I was under water for almost 2 minutes which doesn't seem like a while but trust me it was then out of no where I feel strong hands grab my waist and pull me out from under the water.

Then that same moment happened again our lips so close and it almost felt like we were going to kiss, but of course the moment gets ruined by a wave that pushes both of us underwater but we both get up.

"That was fun" JJ says as he laughs

"Um yeah fun"

"You ok Sum"

"Yeah just an headache you know from being slammed on the ground"

"You sure you ok your head looks pretty bad"

"Oh I'm um fine"

"Ok can I stay at yours tonight I really don't want to go to John B's tonight"

"Why?"

"Sarah there so you know what's gonna happen"

"Oh my god J your so dirty minded but of course"

"Thanks oh and I know your not ok so when we get to yours I'm cleaning those cuts"

"Ugh ok"

"Good let's go"

"Ok"

We arrive at my house and head in to the bathroom.

"Ok I really don't know how to do this but I'll sit on the counter then you'll sit turned around on my lap, ok"

"Ok I guess"

JJ sits on the counter then I do what he said. He grabs the first aid kit out of the cabinet and then gets the alcohol rub and puts it on my head.

"FUCK THAT HURTS"

"I know just calm down ok"

"Ok I guess"

Winces of pain can be heard coming from out of my mouth.

"Hey J guess what"

"What"

"You know how your dad you know abuses you"

"Um yeah where are you going with this"

"Well when my dad died my mom you know kinda took her anger out on me"

"I'm sorry you ok"

"Yeah"

"Good cause I don't want a depressed friend"

"Yeah OH MY GOD ARE YOU ALMOST FUCKING DONE"

"Yep I'm done"

"Oh ok thanks J" I say while hugging him "I'm going to get ready for bed"

"Ok good night pretty lady"

"Night blondie"

That name he calls me pretty lady but he still wants to be friends?