~39

Avalon's POV:

July

We'll be spending July 4th in America with our family, I am so happy. The term flew by quickly after the soccer season finished and Bryce and I have been dating for over a month now, he makes me so happy.

The weather is cold now since we are more or less in the winter season although no snow, school has officially ended for the term until July 19th, today is the 2nd.

"Are you girls pack and have everything?" Dad asks, our flight is three hours from now and we have a long flight too.

"Yeah dad", I nod.

He'll come to meet us in a couple of days.

"I can't believe Bryce is coming with us, you're so lucky", Avery scoffs.

You heard her, Bryce is coming with us, he wants to see what America has to offer for three days then he's going to France to visit family for the next few days, then come back in time for my birthday.

Our birthday is July 12th.

"He's not staying Avery, he's going France", I remind her.

"He's still coming, Donovan doesn't want to", she scoffs.

I shrug. 

We didn't have school today, it ended yesterday and I pass all of my classes, next term we'll be getting AP classes.

Dad took the day off to accompany us to the airport to see us off, Donovan is dropping Avery off and share some goodbyes at the airport. They have been a little off ever since the incident before the championship game, Avery forgave him but there is still some tension.

"We leave in one hour girls", dad states.

Luckily we didn't live too far from the airport.

I had one suitcase with me, it's only 11 days we're going for, we're coming back the day after our birthday; Avery has two, I don't know what she needs.

Mom said she took her day off the days around our birthday so she can be there for us, we'll be staying with aunt Mia, she has extra room for us, Bryce, and dad; when mom visits she'll be staying at a hotel.

My phone rings, "hello", I answer.

"Luciano and I are going on a road trip with his family, I'm so excited!" Bailey shrieks.

"So you have plans after all."

"We leave on Sunday, also I called Bryce to pick me up, you don't think I will not come with you to the airport to see you off?"

"Of course not", I chuckle.

"Good, I'll see you soon."

1 hour later

"America here we come", I cheer as Bryce drives, Bailey in the backseat with Luciano, he'll drop back Bryce's car back to his parents' house when we leave.

"We'll have so much fun, where does your aunt live?"

"Los Angles", I grin, "which means we'll be visiting the beach often."

"I always wanted to visit there so lucky", Bailey whines.

"Next year", I promise her.

"Before graduation."

"Where did you stay last Christmas?" Luciano asks.

"My other sister's house in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania;  it was cold luckily no snow fell where my sister lives."