~15

Bryce's POV:

"Thanks for hanging out with me Bryce and also for dinner", Nina smiles as I walk her to her car.

"No problem."

"You're really cool."

"You as well", I smile.

"When you're free just call me", she unlocks her car.

"Will do", I open the door for her.

"Such a gentleman, my ex never wanted to do this kind of thing with me."

Donovan?

"Not Donovan, my other ex after him", she states.

Oh.

"Donovan was such a sweetheart and I'm happy for that Avery girl", she adds.

I nod.

"Bye", she kisses my cheek and gets into her car, I shut the door and she drives off after turning on the engine.

Nina is cool, I can get used to having her around.

I get in my car and my phone rings.

"Hey Mack", I answer.

"Where are you? I'm bored", she whines.

"In the city."

"Are your parents home?"

"No."

"Good, I'll see you there", she hangs up.

I hope Bailey, Jesse, or Avalon don't tell anyone about seeing Nina and me at the bowling alley, Mackenzie will go haywire and I wouldn't hear the end of it.

When I arrive home, Mackenzie is waiting next to her car for me. 

"You know this is my second time coming here", she states when I get out of the car.

"Well my parents been home all week, they decided to take a weekend break at a rented lakehouse so this house is all mine all weekend long", I grin and she smiles.

"Does that mean I can spend the weekend with you?"

I nod.

"Good, I'll go home for my stuff tomorrow."

I unlock the door and enter the house, Mackenzie locks the door behind her.

"I want a drink", she states.

"Alcohol?"

She nods and sits in the living room.

I go to the kitchen and get two glasses and one of the many bottles my parents have in the cupboard, they wouldn't miss one bottle.

I return to the living room, "let's get this party started."

She smiles.

______

Avalon's POV:

Saturday

This afternoon we are going to hang out with our friends at the movies, I hope Bailey will be okay.

"Avalon, a word?" Dad calls me.

I enter his and mo's  bedroom, "yes?"

"You are no longer grounded, tell Avery that she has chores to do as well", he states.

"Have mom called?"

He shakes his head.

"I miss her", I sigh.

"We all do, but she is coming home next weekend for her days off", he explains.

"I see."

"Remember the dinner is in two weeks just before Valentine's day", he reminds me and I nod.