Chapter-3 Ruhi

A beam of sunlight was coming through a glass window and falling on a sleeping girl. Her hazel eyes covered with her heavy black brows, and her round face with pink lips was glowing with a beam of sunlight, and her black voluminous straight hair were scattered all over her pillow. She had covered herself from duvet till her neck.

A middle-aged woman, who was continuously patting her shoulder, and calling her by her name - "Ruh...Ruh...Get up, dear. "

Hearing her voice, she opened her eyes and saw that lady, in front of her eyes. She woke up hurriedly, and sat leaning on the headboard.

"Choti maa, you, What happened?" she said while rubbing her eyes like a child, "Why have you woke up early today?"

"Ruh, I've woke up on time as forever", she said while keeping her hand on her chin, "but why are you not get up yet, and what happens to your eyes?"

"What happens to my eyes, Choti maa?" she asked.

"Your beautiful hazel eyes seeming puffy and tired and your face is also looking pale...Why Ruhi...Ain't you feeling well?" she asked in a worried tone.

"No Aunt, I'm fine...Actually, I was reading for exams till late at night, so perhaps..."

"But you always ready for your exam, ain't you?...so you don't need to wake up at late night," she said as she keeps her hand on her head with love.

"Choti maa, yesterday I came to know from Kavya (her best friend), that I had left a topic mistakenly so I just preparing for that," she said as she getting up from her bed and hold her duvet to fold.

"But it never happened with you before Ruhi, Isn't it?" she asked as staring at her surprisingly.

"Hmm, But actually last month, when I was ill, maybe that time I missed it," she replied as she folding her duvet.

"Ok," but somewhat she was not satisfied with her answer and said as holding her duvet, "Leave this, Go & get fresh-n-up and go downstairs....I'll fix your room."

"No Choti maa...You go...I'll do it," she said as still holding her duvet.

"No, you go...Go & get fresh-n-up and have some breakfast downstairs," she said as still holding her duvet.

"But Choti maa--

"No"

Hehehe.....both laughed looking at each other, at their stubbornness as both not ready to leave that duvet.

"Go Ruhi...After fresh-n-up, have some little breakfast...It's already been a long time. It's 9:45 am and I have to go outside too for some work, so hurriedly go & get fresh-n-up." she said.

"Ok Aunt," she said as she starts going towards her cupboard but abruptly, she turns and hugs her aunt and tears escape from her eyes.

"Ruh, what happens?...why are you crying?... Do you want to fix your room own? that's why you are crying...Huh? pls tell me and don't scare me," she said while patting her back.

"Ch-oti Ma-a, yo-u a-re th-e o-n-ly on-e, wh-oo tr-u-ly c-ar-e fo-r m-me," she said while sobbing uncontrollably.

"Oh God! that's why you are crying...my innocent Rooh...whether someone loves you or not, you will always be my lovely elder daughter," she said wiping Ruhi's tears, "tell me Ruh, if I'll not care then who will care you?"

"That's why you'd always be my lovely Choti maa," she said as giggling.

"Well, now go," she said as pinching her cheek.

"Ok," she said as she turns to her cupboard and takes her yellow suit, and goes to the washroom.

But abruptly she remembers that her shower was not working so she asked,"choti maa, can I use your bathroom as my shower is not working?"