Hour 2

" We need to do a check," Bryson announced.

" What do you mean, a check?" Johannes asked.

" To make sure everyone has the things they need," said Bryson.

Clariece and Johannes nodded their heads.

" Bow?" Bryson asked.

" Check," we said.

" Arrows?"

" Check," we said.

" Knife?" he asked.

" Check."

" Mini spear?"

" The freak is a mini spear?" Johannes asked.

" A knife," said Clariece.

" It's not a knife," Bryson said.

Clariece nudged Johannes and smiled.

" It's a knife." she laughed.

" It's not a knife!" Bryson said sternly.

They both got quiet.

" It's clearly bigger than that knife," Bryson said.

Clariece looked down at the knife and spear. She then looked up and nodded her head.

" Ok, so we all have everything?" Bryson asked.

" Yeah, but we're both hungry," Clariece said.

" We don't have time to eat," Bryson said.

" Well, we're hungry," said Johannes.

Bryson rolled his eyes and began to walk to the back of the house.

He came back not too long after with some fruit and vegetables in his arms. He walked up to both of them and dropped the fruit in front of them.

" What are we supposed to carry them in?" Johannes asked.

" Your arms," Bryson replied.

Clariece let out a chuckle.

" Something funny?" Bryson asked.

" Yeah, you seriously expect us to carry this in our arms?" she said.

" It's your problem," he said.

" Are you serious right now?" she said.

Bryson looked at her with a straight face.

" He's serious," I said.

Clariece rolled her eyes and picked up some of the fruit.

" There's probably a bag or something in the house," I said.

" We don't have time for that," said Bryson.

I turned around and gave Bryson a dirty look. He threw his hands in the air and rolled his eyes. I gave him a sassy smirk before heading to the house. When I walked inside, a weird feeling washed over me. Like someone or something was inside the house. I quickly began to go through the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. All I could find were pots, pans, and tools. So I closed the cabinet door and stood by the table and tried to think about where a bag could be. Then I thought,

" If I had a bag, I'd put it in my bedroom."

So I walked over to the bedroom door and wiggled the nob. At first, it wouldn't open, so I wiggled the knob again. It opened. When I went in I noticed the room itself was quite cold. The same feeling I got when I walked into the house fell over me. I walked over to the dresser and went through the drawers. After looking through three drawers, I found a crochet shoulder bag. I closed the drawer and walked out of the room. I began to walk towards to door, but then I stopped and looked down at the bag. I realized it wasn't big enough for all the food. I sighed and looked at the bedroom door upstairs. I rolled my eyes and began to head up the stairs. When I got to the door, I thought I heard something on the other side of the door. I put my hand and the door handle and opened the door. When I opened it, one of the big grasshoppers, alien things were standing there looking down at me. I gasped and attempted to grab the door handle to close the door but it jumped forward. It let out a high-pitched, cry and flared its wings. My eyes grew wide. I quickly looked around to look for something to stab the creature with, but there was nothing. I was in the most unfortunate position. I was at the top of the stairwell with nothing but a bag. I gasped with joy when it hit me that I had a bag. I grabbed the strap that was around my shoulder and smiled at the creature. As soon as it raised its arm in the air, I took the bag off my shoulder and tossed it around the alien's arm. Suddenly the front door flew open.