Chapter 3

~ Behind her smile is a hurting heart, behind her laugh she's falling apart ~

Sera

3 Days Later...

Truth to his words Mark stay all night with me and even brought me breakfast when I woke-up. But unfortunate he had to leave to do some Alpha stuff but he kept visiting me and passing time with me. He was really a funny and friendly person to be around, apart from times when he ask how I got all theses bruises but I always change the subject, not that I am scared to say that my brother cause them but I don't think he would believe me. And I don't need another person hating me for thinking that I am lying. 

I sigh as I try my best not to think that he will be different from the rest of the pack and focus on the movie name 'Avatar' that was playing on the TV in front of me. Soon a nurse brought me food and I dig in.

As I was done eating a doctor came to check up on me and gave me a small gift box.

"What is this for?" I ask him nicely and he shrugged as he wrote something on his clipboard.

"Alpha told me to give it to you" he said before going out of the room and slamming the door with a loud 'BANG' that caused me to flinch.

I guess he having a bad day.

Gift Box^

The box itself was pretty enough I like the drawings and I trace them with my finger tips. But I was confused to why? Why was Mark giving me this? 

I slowly took the bow off of it and put it aside and I gasp when I saw what was inside it. It was a beautiful rose pendant.

 It was a beautiful rose pendant

Rose Pendent^

I pick it up and it was beautiful but again why he gave me something so costly, so expensive, not that I didn't like it, but it was weird that you give a lovely gift to someone you barely know. I was so busy admiring it that I didn't hear the door open and someone clearing their throat. 

"I guess you like it" a voice said and I look up to see a smiling Mark.

"Yes, it beautiful, thank you" I respond sincerely and he nodded before dropping himself onto the couch.

"I'm so tired" he said with a sigh as he rubbed his eyes and I chuckled.

"But why?" I ask out of the blue. He open his eyes to look at me confused.

"Why give me such a beautiful gift when you barely know me" I clarified and he was silent for a moment before taking his phone out and went close to me and show me the screen.

There was a picture of a beautiful woman with brown hair and gorgeous green eyes smiling at the camera with a cute baby sitting on her lab.

"Whoa she gorgeous" I exclaimed still looking at the picture. She look stunning in the green dress that brought out her eyes more.

"Yes she was" he proudly said and added "Her name was Elizabeth and she was my mate" he said with smile and I smile back.

"Cute baby" I stated pointed at the chubby baby that was on her lap grinning at the camera as he had his arms up. And he laughed.

"Yeah, that was back then, now he just a spoil brat" he said shaking his head

"How old is he?"

"Two years older than you, I believe"

"Ohh, and where is your mate?"

And his face turn into a blank expression.

"She died a few years ago, during a rogue attack" he said with crystal eyes.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ask-" but he cut me off gently with a broken voice.

"Its alright, the truth is you remind me so much of her, you not only look like her but act like it too. I mean your spirit reminds me of her" He said with a kind smile.

"To be honest you the first person apart from my son that my wolf and I are not aggravated with" and we both laugh.

10 Minutes Later

"So who is coming to pick you up your Dad or Mom?" he ask curiously.

"Oh! My Dad I guess" I said

"But it pass 12 and you still here?" he clarified

"Maybe he busy I wait for him" I said forcing a soft smile and he nodded slowly.

"Alright then, but if you need anything, at anytime just give me a call" handing me a script of paper where his number was at.

"Ok Mark, thanks" 

1 Hour Later

Mark had to leave due to a pack emergency. I knew my parents wouldn't pick me up. Who would? I'm just useless for them. I still don't know why I haven't ran away yet. I guess I have no body else, no relatives to go to, no friends. 

As I walk out of the hospital when someone bump into some me.

"Watch where you going" he snap.

And I look up to see a very handsome boy with blonde hair and dark green eyes, that had a girl clinging to him as her life depended of it. 

"You dump into me" I said getting up, and he shrugged "You not getting an apology out me so get lost" he said as he wrap his arm around the bimbo that smirk at me.

"Come on babe, she isn't worth it, she's a freak" as she kissed his cheek and I felt like puking. 

I kept going my way no caring if they were watching me.

"Such an asshole!" I mumble.

I got my house in 5 minutes and didn't felt like eating so I went straight to my room. I lay down on my bed trying to think positive.

Trying to make something good out of my life, but so far I had nothing.

I look up at my calendar and stared at the day my 16 birthday would be here.

Two more week and I will be able to shift and get out of here.